Nashville Soccer Club Travels to Toronto FC to Wrap up Two-Match Road Trip
NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Nashville Soccer Club (9W-3L-4D, 31 pts.), currently in second place in the Supporters Shield race behind FC Cincinnati (39 points), will travel to Toronto FC (3W-5L-9D, 18 pts.) on Saturday, June 10 at 6:30 p.m. CT. The match can be seen on the MLS Season Pass on the Apple TV App and heard on radio via 104.5 The Zone.
Nashville SC is riding an eight-match unbeaten streak dating back to April 22. The Boys in Gold own a 6W-0L-2D record in that span, scoring multiple goals in six of the eight matches. With a result on Saturday, Nashville SC will match its historic record of nine unbeaten matches.
Defensively, the Boys in Gold own the best goal against average in the league at 0.69, allowing just 11 goals through Matchday 17. Nashville SC is on historic pace as just three teams (Kansas City Wizards 2000, LA Galaxy 2010 and Real Salt Lake 2011) allowed fewer goals at this point in a season.
Earlier today Head Coach Gary Smith and former Toronto FC winger Jacob Shaffelburg addressed the media to preview Saturday's match. Coach Smith spoke about the quality Toronto FC has and the competitiveness the side has shown within the group. With a victory on Saturday, Coach Smith would reach 50 wins as the Head Coach of Nashville SC at the MLS level across MLS regular season, post-season and Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup competition.
Shaffelburg gave insight on how refreshed the team feels after a full week of training and the excitement he feels playing in front of his family in Toronto for the first time since joining Nashville SC last August. The attacking winger has scored five goals since then, and led Nashville SC to a 13W-4L-6D record in his appearances.
Saturday will mark the first time that Nashville SC defender Lukas MacNaughton could face his former side Toronto FC. Nashville SC acquired the defender on April 25 along with $125,000 in 2024 General Allocation Money (GAM) in exchange for forward CJ Sapong. Since joining Nashville SC, MacNaughton has appeared in five matches, anchoring the Boys in Gold to a 4W-0L-1D record and scored his first-career MLS goal in a match winner against Inter Miami CF on May 17.
Reigning 2022 Landon Donovan MLS MVP Hany Mukhtar recorded his 10th goal of the campaign in the match winner at FC Dallas this past weekend. Mukhtar was awarded MLS Team of the Matchday honors, and became the first NSC player to record double-digit goals in three consecutive seasons, and the first in MLS to have an active streak of 10 plus goals and five plus assists in that span.
Following the match, the club will conduct its post-match media availability via Zoom. Footage will be distributed upon conclusion.
On Sunday, Nashville SC's MLS NEXT Pro affiliate Huntsville City FC (1W-6L-3D-3SOW, 9 pts.) will wrap up a four-match homestand that started with the grand reopening of the Wicks Family Field at Joe Davis Stadium. The match against St. Louis CITY 2 will serve as the Army's 248th Birthday Celebration. Fans can purchase their tickets here or follow the action live on MLS Season Pass on the Apple TV app.
NASHVILLE SC BROADCAST & MEDIA INFORMATION:
Television: MLS Season Pass on the Apple TV App
Radio: 104.5 The Zone
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 8, 2023
- Robert Taylor Called up by Finland for UEFA Euro Qualifiers - Inter Miami CF
- BY THE NUMBERS: FC Cincinnati at Vancouver Whitecaps FC - FC Cincinnati
- Real Salt Lake to Face Houston Dynamo Away on Wednesday, August 23 in 2023 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Semifinal - Real Salt Lake
- Earthquakes to Celebrate 50 Years of Hip-Hop Music During California Clasico Halftime Show at Stanford Stadium on July 1 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Houston Dynamo FC to Host U.S. Open Cup Semifinal on August 23 - Houston Dynamo FC
- Nashville Soccer Club Travels to Toronto FC to Wrap up Two-Match Road Trip - Nashville SC
- Expected Goals: Upcoming Milestones for Matchday 18 - MLS
- Reinvigorated: Ingredients of the Match - Charlotte FC
- Inter Miami CF to Visit FC Cincinnati on August 23 in the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Semifinals - Inter Miami CF
- FC Cincinnati to Host Inter Miami CF in 2023 U.S. Open Cup Semifinals on August 23 - FC Cincinnati
- Njabulo Blom Named to the South African National Team - St. Louis City SC
- Keys to the Match: on the Road Again - New York City FC
- Red Bulls and Hospital for Special Surgery Announce Multi-Year Partnership Extension - New York Red Bulls
- D.C. United Announce Multi-Year Partnership with Ocean City Tourism - D.C. United
- Flashback: Real Routs - New York City FC
- Atlanta United...0-0 Draw at LAFC - Atlanta United FC
- LAFC Play to 0-0 Draw at Home Against Atlanta United - Los Angeles FC
- CF Montréal Falls to Vancouver Whitecaps FC in Canadian Championship Final - Club de Foot Montreal
- LA Galaxy Eliminated from 2023 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup with 3-2 Road Loss to Real Salt Lake at America First Field on Wednesday Night - LA Galaxy
- 'Caps Win Back-To-Back Canadian Titles, Qualify for 2024 Concacaf Champions Cup - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nashville SC Stories
- Nashville SC Earns 1-1 Draw at SJ Earthquakes
- Nashville SC Earns 1-1 Draw at SJ Earthquakes
- MATCH Preview: Nashville SC Finishes Western Conference Two-Match Road Week at San Jose Earthquakes
- GENashville SC Hits the Road Again to Take on the San Jose Earthquakes
- Nashville SC to Host Official Hispanic Heritage Night and Celebrate Local Communities Through October 15