Nashville Soccer Club Announces Roster Status Ahead of the 2023 Season
NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Nashville Soccer Club submitted a list of the contract options that the club exercised ahead of the 2023 Major League Soccer season.
Nashville SC picked up contract options on the following players:
Nashville SC officially executed the transfer of Jacob Shaffelburg, who originally joined the club on loan from Toronto FC in August of 2022. The homegrown midfielder has now re-signed a four-year contract with the Boys in Gold with a one-year option in 2027. In exchange for the transfer, Toronto FC received $250,000 in 2023 General Allocation Money (GAM) and $50,000 in conditional GAM.
The club also extended the contract of captain Dax McCarty who will return to Nashville SC in 2023 for his 19th season in Major League Soccer.
Nashville SC declined the contract options on Robert Castellanos, Irakoze Donasiyano, Bryan Meredith and Will Meyer.
Eric Miller, 29 and having served nine seasons in MLS, has joined the Free Agency process. Eligible players must be at least 24 years old in the year in which the immediately preceding season concluded and have at least five MLS Service years.
Nashville SC continued to prove its status among the elite expansion sides in league history after its third MLS season. 2022 was a yet another milestone year as the club opened GEODIS Park, the largest soccer specific stadium in the United States and Canada in GEODIS Park, reached the Audi MLS Cup Playoffs for the third consecutive season, becoming just the fifth team in league history to accomplish that feat, while setting a club record with 13 wins in the season.
Nashville SC's 2023 roster as of Nov. 15 is below:
Goalkeepers: Joe Willis, Elliot Panicco
Defenders: Josh Bauer, Ahmed Longmire, Dan Lovitz, Jack Maher, Shaq Moore, Dave Romney, Taylor Washington, Walker Zimmerman
Midfielders: Handwalla Bwana, Tah Brian Anunga, Sean Davis, Aníbal Godoy, Luke Haakenson, Randall Leal, Dax McCarty, Hany Mukhtar, Alex Muyl, Fafà Picault, Jacob Shaffelburg
Forwards: Teal Bunbury, Aké Loba, Rodrigo Piñeiro, CJ Sapong, Ethan Zubak
Visit www.NashvilleSC.com and follow the club's social channels on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter to keep up with Nashville SC.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 16, 2022
- Sounders FC Announces Results of 2022 General Manager Vote and Brand Evolution Details for March to the 50th Campaign - Seattle Sounders FC
- LAFC to Host Two Watch Parties Next Week to Kick off the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ - Los Angeles FC
- FC Cincinnati Academy Continues to Build on Positive Results - FC Cincinnati
- HDFC Announce Local Fan Events for FIFA World Cup - Houston Dynamo FC
- FC Dallas Signs Defender Nolan Norris to Homegrown Contract - FC Dallas
- Academy Duo Nicholas Almeida and Santiago Morales Called up by U.S. U-16 MYNT - Inter Miami CF
- Timbers Sign Defender Claudio Bravo to a Contract Extension - Portland Timbers
- Whitecaps FC Sign MLS NEXT Pro Wingback Ali Ahmed to an MLS Contract Through 2025 - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- LA Galaxy to Host 2022 FIFA World Cup Watch Parties at Hermosa Beach Pier Plaza - LA Galaxy
- Mayor Adams Unveils Vision for Willets Point Transformation, Generational 100 Percent Affordable Housing Project, Privately Financed Soccer Stadium - New York City FC
- Revolution Academy Product Peyton Miller Called up to U.S. Under-16 Men's Youth National Team - New England Revolution
- U.S. Youth National Team Call-Ups for U-16 Charlotte FC Academy PlayersÃÂ - Charlotte FC
- A Tribute to St. Louis: St. Louis CITY SC Unveils the Club's Inaugural Home Kit - St. Louis City SC
- LAFC, LAFC Foundation & Chevron Unveil Futsal Court at Prairie Vista Middle School in Hawthorne - Los Angeles FC
- Apple and Major League Soccer Announce MLS Season Pass Launches February 1, 2023 - MLS
- How Sabor Brought Authentic Latino Flavor to Charlotte and the Carolinas - Charlotte FC
- Toronto FC Receive GAM from Nashville SC in Exchange for Jacob Shaffelburg - Toronto FC
- Nashville Soccer Club Announces Roster Status Ahead of the 2023 Season - Nashville SC
- D.C. United Re-Establish the D.C. United Foundation - D.C. United
- MLS Announces Eligible Player Lists for Offseason Roster Mechanisms - MLS
- Houston Dynamo FC Announce Roster Decisions - Houston Dynamo FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nashville SC Stories
- Head Coach Gary Smith Pleased with Progress After First Phase of Training
- Nashville Soccer Club Mascot Tempo the Coyote Launches Tempo the Coyote's Band Kids Club for 2023 Season
- 2023 eMLS League Series One Pres. by Coca-Cola Zero Sugar Preview: Joksan Returns for Second Season with Nashville SC
- Nashville Soccer Club Placed in Group 4 of the Central Region in Leagues Cup 2023
- Walker Zimmerman Called in to United States Men's National Team January Camp