Timbers Sign Defender Claudio Bravo to a Contract Extension
PORTLAND, Ore. - The Portland Timbers today announced that the club has signed defender Claudio Bravo to a contract extension through 2026 with a club option in 2027.
"Claudio has become an essential player for the team during his time with the Timbers," said Timbers technical director Ned Grabavoy. "We're glad he will be in Portland for years to come and see him continuing to be an influential contributor on the field."
Bravo, 25, will enter his third season with the Timbers in 2023. The Argentine international has started in all 49 regular season appearances for Portland, tallying four assists in two seasons. In the 2022 campaign, Bravo made 26 appearances (all starts), while registering two assists for Portland. He led the league in tackles won (77), while leading Portland in interceptions (47), touches (1921) and duels won (184) in the regular season.
"Claudio has been an important component of our defense for the past few years. He has shown great skills and growth in many areas to make us a more competitive team," said Timbers head coach Giovanni Savarese. "We're looking forward to helping him reach his full potential."
Transaction: Portland Timbers sign defender Claudio Bravo to a contract extension through 2026 with a club option in 2027.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 16, 2022
- Sounders FC Announces Results of 2022 General Manager Vote and Brand Evolution Details for March to the 50th Campaign - Seattle Sounders FC
- LAFC to Host Two Watch Parties Next Week to Kick off the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ - Los Angeles FC
- FC Cincinnati Academy Continues to Build on Positive Results - FC Cincinnati
- HDFC Announce Local Fan Events for FIFA World Cup - Houston Dynamo FC
- FC Dallas Signs Defender Nolan Norris to Homegrown Contract - FC Dallas
- Academy Duo Nicholas Almeida and Santiago Morales Called up by U.S. U-16 MYNT - Inter Miami CF
- Timbers Sign Defender Claudio Bravo to a Contract Extension - Portland Timbers
- Whitecaps FC Sign MLS NEXT Pro Wingback Ali Ahmed to an MLS Contract Through 2025 - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- LA Galaxy to Host 2022 FIFA World Cup Watch Parties at Hermosa Beach Pier Plaza - LA Galaxy
- Mayor Adams Unveils Vision for Willets Point Transformation, Generational 100 Percent Affordable Housing Project, Privately Financed Soccer Stadium - New York City FC
- Revolution Academy Product Peyton Miller Called up to U.S. Under-16 Men's Youth National Team - New England Revolution
- U.S. Youth National Team Call-Ups for U-16 Charlotte FC Academy PlayersÃÂ - Charlotte FC
- A Tribute to St. Louis: St. Louis CITY SC Unveils the Club's Inaugural Home Kit - St. Louis City SC
- LAFC, LAFC Foundation & Chevron Unveil Futsal Court at Prairie Vista Middle School in Hawthorne - Los Angeles FC
- Apple and Major League Soccer Announce MLS Season Pass Launches February 1, 2023 - MLS
- How Sabor Brought Authentic Latino Flavor to Charlotte and the Carolinas - Charlotte FC
- Toronto FC Receive GAM from Nashville SC in Exchange for Jacob Shaffelburg - Toronto FC
- Nashville Soccer Club Announces Roster Status Ahead of the 2023 Season - Nashville SC
- D.C. United Re-Establish the D.C. United Foundation - D.C. United
- MLS Announces Eligible Player Lists for Offseason Roster Mechanisms - MLS
- Houston Dynamo FC Announce Roster Decisions - Houston Dynamo FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Portland Timbers Stories
- Timbers Acquire $50,000 in 2023 General Allocation Money from Orlando City SC
- Timbers Appoint Heather Davis as Chief Executive Officer
- Timbers to Compete against Tigres UANL and San Jose Earthquakes in Group Stage of Leagues Cup 2023
- Juan David Mosquera, Santiago Moreno Called up for Colombian National Team Training Camp
- Eryk Williamson Called up to U.S. Men's National Team for Pair of Friendly Matches in January