Academy Duo Nicholas Almeida and Santiago Morales Called up by U.S. U-16 MYNT
November 16, 2022 - Major League Soccer (MLS) - Inter Miami CF News Release
Inter Miami CF Academy duo Nicholas Almeida and Santiago Morales have been called up to the U.S. U-16 Men's Youth National Team by new head coach Michael Nsien for the Football Federations Cup U-16 in Albir, Spain to take place Nov. 16-28. The USA will face Spain in the opening match on Wednesday, Nov. 23. From there, the U-16 MYNT will play two placement games against a tournament field that also features Belgium, England, Japan, Germany, Mexico and Wales.
Players born on or after Jan. 1, 2007 are age-eligible for this U-16 MYNT cycle and 20 players will make the trip to Spain, 19 born in 2007 and one born in 2008, for the first camp of Nsien's tenure. All 20 players are age-eligible for next winter's Concacaf U-17 Championship in Guatemala.
Both Morales and Almeida have previously been called up to the international stage. The two Inter Miami CF Academy athletes have been featured internationally for a combined six times. This is Almeida's second appearance internationally; Morales has been called up a total of four times.
Almeida and Morales capped off a spectacular season with the Inter Miami Academy U-15 side earlier this year, becoming national champions by claiming the MLS NEXT Cup title. Morales scored the winner in the final of the tournament and was also selected as the MVP of the MLS NEXT Cup Playoffs.
Almeida and Morales are among a growing list of current and former Inter Miami CF Academy players to be called up to a national team, including: Noah Allen, Tyler Austin, Edison Azcona, Logan Batiste, Israel Boatwright, Benjamin Cremaschi, Justin Ellis, Tyker Hall, and Felipe Valencia, among others.
For additional coverage of our team, you can follow our Academy's journey online via Twitter @InterMiamiAcad and Instagram @InterMiamiCF_Academy.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 16, 2022
- Sounders FC Announces Results of 2022 General Manager Vote and Brand Evolution Details for March to the 50th Campaign - Seattle Sounders FC
- LAFC to Host Two Watch Parties Next Week to Kick off the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ - Los Angeles FC
- FC Cincinnati Academy Continues to Build on Positive Results - FC Cincinnati
- HDFC Announce Local Fan Events for FIFA World Cup - Houston Dynamo FC
- FC Dallas Signs Defender Nolan Norris to Homegrown Contract - FC Dallas
- Academy Duo Nicholas Almeida and Santiago Morales Called up by U.S. U-16 MYNT - Inter Miami CF
- Timbers Sign Defender Claudio Bravo to a Contract Extension - Portland Timbers
- Whitecaps FC Sign MLS NEXT Pro Wingback Ali Ahmed to an MLS Contract Through 2025 - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- LA Galaxy to Host 2022 FIFA World Cup Watch Parties at Hermosa Beach Pier Plaza - LA Galaxy
- Mayor Adams Unveils Vision for Willets Point Transformation, Generational 100 Percent Affordable Housing Project, Privately Financed Soccer Stadium - New York City FC
- Revolution Academy Product Peyton Miller Called up to U.S. Under-16 Men's Youth National Team - New England Revolution
- U.S. Youth National Team Call-Ups for U-16 Charlotte FC Academy PlayersÃÂ - Charlotte FC
- A Tribute to St. Louis: St. Louis CITY SC Unveils the Club's Inaugural Home Kit - St. Louis City SC
- LAFC, LAFC Foundation & Chevron Unveil Futsal Court at Prairie Vista Middle School in Hawthorne - Los Angeles FC
- Apple and Major League Soccer Announce MLS Season Pass Launches February 1, 2023 - MLS
- How Sabor Brought Authentic Latino Flavor to Charlotte and the Carolinas - Charlotte FC
- Toronto FC Receive GAM from Nashville SC in Exchange for Jacob Shaffelburg - Toronto FC
- Nashville Soccer Club Announces Roster Status Ahead of the 2023 Season - Nashville SC
- D.C. United Re-Establish the D.C. United Foundation - D.C. United
- MLS Announces Eligible Player Lists for Offseason Roster Mechanisms - MLS
- Houston Dynamo FC Announce Roster Decisions - Houston Dynamo FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Inter Miami CF Stories
- Inter Miami CF to Face FC Cincinnati at TQL Stadium this Saturday
- International Duty: March International Window Roundup
- Franco Negri Named to MLS Team of the Matchday
- (Re)boot Unveils First Collection
- Academy Update: U.S. Soccer U-14 Talent ID Central/South Regional Mini-Camp