Nashville SC Update
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (June 6, 2023) - Nashville Soccer Club (9W-3L-4D, 31 pts.) will wrap up its two-match road trip at 6:30 p.m. CT on Saturday against Toronto FC (3W-5L-9D, 18 pts.) in a match available on MLS Season Passon Apple TV and on radio via 104.5 The Zone.
Nashville SC, unbeaten in eight matches (6W-0L-2D record) and in second place in the Supporters Shield race behind FC Cincinnati (39 points), will look to match its historic record of nine unbeaten matches with a result in Toronto.
Having scored multiple goals in six of the last seven matches, the club owns a 9W-0L-0D record this season when scoring two or more goals in a match. Defensively, they also own the best goal against average in the league at 0.69, allowing just 11 goals through Matchday 18. Nashville is on historic pace as just three teams (Kansas City Wizards 2000, LA Galaxy 2010 and Real Salt Lake 2011) allowed fewer goals at this point in a season.
This past Saturday, Nashville SC earned a 2-1 road victory over FC Dallas at Toyota Stadium, when reigning 2022 Landon Donovan MLS MVP Hany Mukhtar scored the match-winner in the 77th minute after megging a defender and finding himself alone with the goalkeeper [WATCH]. Mukhtar's performance landed him on Team of the Matchday 17, the sixth selection in 2023.
Mukhtar's 10th goal of the season made him the first NSC player to record double-digit goals in three consecutive seasons, and the first in MLS to have an active streak of 10 plus goals and five plus assists in that spam.
Nashville SC Head Coach Gary Smith and former Toronto FC winger Jacob Shaffelburg will address the media on Thursday, June 8 at approximately 12 p.m. CT to preview Saturday's fixture. Media members interested in attending the session must RSVP to Communications@NashvilleSC.com by 5 p.m. CT on Wednesday.
NSC Backstage, the official weekly radio show of Nashville SC will air on 104.5 The Zone this Wednesday at 8 p.m. CT. Featuring the voices of Will Boling, Lucas Panzica and Jalil Anibaba, fans will be able to listen to interviews with Dan Lovitz.
On Sunday, Nashville SC's MLS NEXT Pro affiliate Huntsville City FC (1W-6L-3D-3SOW0, 9 pts.) will wrap up a four-match homestand that started with the grand reopening of the Wicks Family Field at Joe Davis Stadium. The match against St. Louis CITY 2 will serve as the Army's 248th Birthday Celebration. Fans can purchase their tickets here or follow the action live on MLS Season Pass on the Apple TV app.
Nashville SC at Toronto FC (June 10, 2023)
MLS Season Pass on the Apple TV app
104.5 The Zone
Huntsville City FC vs. St. Louis CITY 2 (June 11, 2023)
MLS Season Pass on the Apple TV app
is unbeaten in its last eight league matches; will match its historic record of nine with a result in Toronto
is in second place in the Supporters Shield race and in the Eastern Conference
has not allowed more than one goal in a match during its unbeaten run
owns the best goal-differential in the Eastern Conference (+13); second in the league behind St. Louis CITY SC (18)
has the highest save percentage in MLS (82.5%)
has not lost when scoring first since Aug. 8, 2021; owns a 7W-0L-2D record this season and a 37W-4L-16D all-time
is 26W-1L-10D all-time when leading at the half and is unbeaten in its last 35 matches when leading at the half (25W-0L-10D)
is 33W-1L-8D when scoring two or more goals all-time and 9W-0L-0D this season
is 15W-1L-0D all-time when scoring three or more goals in an MLS match and 3W-0L-0D this season
Toronto FC, Nashville SC
is 2W-2L-2D all-time record against Toronto FC
defeated Toronto FC in the 2020 Audi MLS Cup Playoffs (offer goal time/scorer, former NSC player Daniel Ríos)
is 7W-2L-5D all-time against Canadian Teams
- ranks seventh among active players in regular season appearances (353)
Ján Greguš is currently sitting on 99 MLS regular season appearances
leads the team in passing accuracy (90.5%)
has led Nashville SC to a 18W-7L-7D record in his appearances since 2022
recorded his second consecutive game-winning assist on Saturday
has recorded assists in consecutive matches for the third time in his career and first time with Nashville SC (March and Sept. 2018 with CF Montréal)
leads the team in accurate passes (722); has more than 100 passes than the second highest on the team (Dan Lovitz 573)
leads outfield players in duel percentage (70.1%)
is second all-time in MLS history for matches started by an outfield player (405)
is third all-time in minutes played (35,619)
has made 452 MLS regular season appearances
is the league leader in goal contributions (17)
is tied with LAFC's Dénis Bouanga for the league lead in goals scored (10); Mukhtar has registered seven assists compared to Bouanga's two assists
is tied with CLB's Cucho Hernández & Lucas Zelarayán for third in assists (7) trailing ATL's Thiago Almada and PHI's Dániel Gazdag (8)
has recorded 33 goals and 18 assists since 2022, the most of any MLS players
has contributed to 87 of Nashville's 155 goals in MLS history (53 goals + 34 assists)
Jacob Shaffelburg is one goal away from setting a career-high, currently at three, in five fewer matches played
leads all goalkeepers in save percentage at 82.5 % (minimum three matches played)
ranks tied for third in the league lead shutouts (6) behind FC Cincinnati's Roman Celentano (8) and Seattle Sounders FC's Stefan Frei (9)
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 6, 2023
- FC Cincinnati Advance to U.S. Open Cup Semifinals with 3-1 Win Over Pittsburgh Riverhounds - FC Cincinnati
- Houston Dynamo FC Put Out the Fire in Chicago to Advance to the U.S. Open Cup Semifinals - Houston Dynamo FC
- Dignity Health Sports Park and the LA Galaxy Unveil the Venue's 20th Anniversary Mark - LA Galaxy
- Whitecaps FC Sign WFC2 Forward Levonte Johnson to Fourth MLS Short-Term Agreement - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Inter Miami CF to Face Birmingham Legion FC this Wednesday in the U.S. Open Cup Quarterfinals - Inter Miami CF
- CF Montréal to Play Canadian Championship Final Wednesday in Vancouver - Club de Foot Montreal
- U-13 Academy Class Visits Mercy Health Training Center for Signing Event - FC Cincinnati
- Real Salt Lake Host LA Galaxy this Wednesday in Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Quarterfinal - Real Salt Lake
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced - MLS
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Los Angeles FC - Atlanta United FC
- The Pitch (Matchdays 18): Top Things to Watch in MLS this Week - MLS
- Portland Timbers, Thorns FC Host Inaugural 3v3 Tournament Presented by Providence - Portland Timbers
- New York City Football Club Defender Thiago Martins Undergoes Knee Scope Procedure - New York City FC
- Nashville Soccer Club Announces International Callups Ahead of 2023 Concacaf Nations League Finals - Nashville SC
- Inter Miami CF Honors Loved Ones of Players and Staff on Drive out Cancer Night Presented by AutoNation - Inter Miami CF
- Chicago Fire Weekly Update - Chicago Fire FC
- Róbert Thorkelsson Called up by Iceland's U21 Team - Club de Foot Montreal
- Montreal Smoked Meat Sandwich at BC Place Renamed Vancouver Smoked Meat Sandwich for Canadian Championship Final - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- New England Revolution Academy Highlights: June 6, 2023 - New England Revolution
- Nashville SC Update - Nashville SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nashville SC Stories
- Nashville Soccer Club Announces 2024 Roster Decisions
- Nashville Soccer Club's Hany Mukhtar and Walker Zimmerman Named to the 2023 MLS Best XI Presented by Continental Tire
- Nashville SC Wraps up Fourth Consecutive Playoff Run in 1-0 Loss to Orlando City SC
- Nashville SC Hosting First-Ever Playoff Match at GEODIS Park in Must-Win Game 2
- Global Rock Superstars Green Day to Headline Concert at GEODIS Park on August 30, 2024