Moose to honor Jonathan Toews
The Manitoba Moose are pleased to announce the organization will honour a star of the 2007 World Junior Hockey Championships, Winnipeg's own Jonathan Toews. The ceremony will be conducted prior to the Manitoba Moose game vs. the Chicago Wolves on Saturday, February 3rd. The game starts at 7:30pm.
As part of the pre-game tribute, a video honouring Toews will be played on the MTS Centre scoreboard. The Winnipeg-native will also be presented with a commemorative 'Team Canada' Moose jersey by fellow University of North Dakota alumus and current Moose assistant coach Brad Berry. Toews will then participate in a ceremonial puck-drop with representatives of the Moose and Wolves. A short autograph session will be conducted later in the evening. The first 2000 fans will receive a full colour Jonathan Toews photo, and one lucky fan in attendance will win an autographed Toews Team Canada jersey.
Toews, 18, was selected third overall in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft by the Chicago Blackhawks and won back-to-back gold medals with Team Canada at the World Junior Hockey Championships in 2006 and 2007. He delivered an outstanding offensive performance in the 2007 championships, leading Team Canada in scoring throughout the tournament and going three-for-three in the shootout of the semi-final game between Canada and the United States. Thanks in part to his shootout skills, Team Canada advanced to the championship game and earned their third-straight gold medal with a 4-2 victory over Russia. Toews is currently playing with the University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux (NCAA), where he has six goals and 14 assists in 17 games played.
To get any Manitoba Moose Tickets, please contact the Moose Ticket Office at (204) 987-PUCK (7825) or call Ticketmaster at 780-3333.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 25, 2007
- Stars shutout Milwaukee - Iowa Chops
- Blues Send for Sejna Under Emergency Conditions - Peoria Rivermen
- Eric Weinrich Returns to Hockey, Joins Pirates Roster - Portland Pirates
- Girardi recalled from Hartford - Connecticut Whale
- Lake Erie Monsters Announced as New Team Name - Cleveland Monsters
- All-Star Classic TV coverage announced - Houston Aeros
- Admirals Cam Barker and Troy Brouwer Head to Chicago - Norfolk Admirals
- Monarchs To Celebrate Two-Millionth Fan On Friday - Manchester Monarchs
- Langfeld Back with Big Club - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Ladies Night with the Stars - Iowa Chops
- Kings Recall Pushkarev, O'Sullivan - Manchester Monarchs
- Falcons Recall A Pair, Reassign A Pair - Springfield Falcons
- San Jose recalls center Tomas Plihal from Worcester - Worcester Sharks
- Griffins Welcome Jiri Fischer for Red Wings Rock! Night - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Aubin assigned to Cincinnati - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Dallas Recalls Forward - Iowa Chops
- Moose sign Centomo, release Pietrasiak - Manitoba Moose
- Patrick Lalime Rejoins Blackhawks, Goaltender Mike Brodeur Reassigned to Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Mark Lee heads to Charlotte - Connecticut Whale
- Crunch Announce Details of Wise Foods Nights at the Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Moose to honor Jonathan Toews - Manitoba Moose
- Lowell Looks to Get Back on Track - Albany Devils
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Manitoba Moose Stories
- Claude Noel Named Head Coach of Winnipeg NHL Team
- TNSE Launches "Drive to 13,000" to Secure NHL Franchise in Winnipeg
- Canucks Recall Chris Tanev, Eddie Lack, Sergei Shirokov, Aaron Volpatti and Alex Bolduc
- Moose Eliminated by Bulldogs in Triple Overtime
- Moose Won't Back Down