Montreal Impact's Possible Opponents in CONCACAF Champions League Are Known
MONTREAL - The Montreal Impact finally knows its possible opponents for the Concacaf Champions League round of 16. The club also offers the ticket for the second leg of this home-and-away series on aggregate goals for free with the 2020 season membership. For more info: https://www.impactmontreal.com/en/memberships
With a win in penalties in the Canadian Championship final against Toronto FC on Wednesday, September 25, the Impact qualified in pot 1 for the 2020 Concacaf Champions League round of 16 draw. The teams from pot 1 will automatically face clubs from pot 2 in the first round of the competition.
In pot 2, we find Club Leon (Mexico), Deportivo Saprissa (Costa Rica), A.D. San Carlos (Costa Rica), F.C. Motagua (Honduras), C.D. Olimpia (Honduras), Alianza F.C. (Salvador), Comunicaciones F.C. (Guatemala) and Portmore United F.C. (Jamaica).
In pot 1, with the Montreal Impact, six of the seven other teams are already known. From Mexico, there will be Club América, Tigres UANL and Cruz Azul. From MLS, the qualified teams are Los Angeles FC, New York City FC and Atlanta United FC. The MLS Cup champion will be the last team qualifying for the Concacaf Champions League round of 16 in pot 1.
After winning its third Canadian Championship in 2014, the Impact reached the Concacaf Champions League final in April 2015.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 7, 2019
- Toronto FC and D.C. United Kick-Off Time Changed - Toronto FC
- Time and Broadcast Update for Match against Toronto on October 19 - D.C. United
- Time Change: Round 1 Match vs. New England Now 1 p.m. - Atlanta United FC
- UPDATE: Kickoff for Revolution's Audi 2019 MLS Cup Playoffs Round One Match at Atlanta United Moved to 1:00 p.m. on October 19 - New England Revolution
- LA Galaxy Midfielder Efrain Alvarez Named to Mexico's U-17 FIFA World Cup Roster - LA Galaxy
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: October 7, 2019 - San Jose Earthquakes
- LAFC Forward and Golden Boot Winner Carlos Vela Voted MLS Player of the Week - Los Angeles FC
- FC Cincinnati Academy Update: October 7 - FC Cincinnati
- LA Galaxy to Host Watch Party on October 20 at Dignity Health Sports Park's Legends Plaza for Audi 2019 MLS Cup Playoffs Match - LA Galaxy
- Los Angeles Football Club Forward Carlos Vela Voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Portland Timbers Forward Brian Fernandez Voluntarily Enters MLS SABH Program for Assessment - MLS
- Houston Dynamo Forwards Named to Audi MLS Team of the Week - Houston Dynamo
- Montreal Impact's Possible Opponents in CONCACAF Champions League Are Known - Montreal Impact
- Auston Trusty Receives International Call-Up - Philadelphia Union
- MNUFC to Host LA Galaxy in Round One of Audi 2019 MLS Cup Playoffs - Minnesota United FC
- 2019 Audi MLS Cup Playoffs Times Announced for New York City FC - New York City FC
- Columbus Crew SC's Luis Diaz and Eloy Room Receive International Call-Ups - Columbus Crew SC
- Revolution to Face Atlanta United FC in Round One of Audi 2019 MLS Cup Playoffs - New England Revolution
- Atlanta United Set to Host New England Revolution October 19 - Atlanta United FC
- Orlando City SC Parts Ways with James O'Connor - Orlando City SC
- LA Galaxy to Face Minnesota United FC in Audi 2019 MLS Cup Playoffs on Sunday, October 20 - LA Galaxy
- Real Salt Lake Hosts Portland Timbers in Audi 2019 MLS Cup Playoffs - Real Salt Lake
- Single-Match Tickets for Sounders FC's First Match of the Audi 2019 MLS Cup Playoffs Go on Sale Tomorrow at 2:00 PM PT - Seattle Sounders FC
- Win Or Go Home: Matchups and Broadcast Schedule Set for New Audi 2019 MLS Cup Playoffs - MLS
- Philadelphia Union To Begin Audi 2019 MLS Cup Playoffs On Sunday Afternoon - Philadelphia Union
- Timbers Clinch Berth in Audi 2019 MLS Cup Playoffs with 3-1 Win over San Jose Earthquakes - Portland Timbers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.