FC Cincinnati Academy Update: October 7
CINCINNATI - The FC Cincinnati Academy combined for a 1-1-0 record against FC United Soccer Club this past Saturday at the Mercy Health Training Center. The Orange and Blue returned to regular-season action after playing in the Development Academy Cup the week prior. The Under-17's overcame a two-goal deficit in the second half, but ultimately lost the match, 3-2. The Under-15's celebrated their second consecutive win across all competitions and cruised to a 5-1 win over FC United Soccer Club.
The U-17's had a less than ideal start to their match, as a defensive blunder led to an early FC United goal. FC United's Michael Chavez found himself one-on-one against FC Cincinnati goalkeeper Beckham Sunderland (Cincinnati, Ohio) in the 13th minute. Chavez slipped the ball past Sunderland and gave the away team the lead. In the 32nd minute, Daniel Kaye doubled the lead for FC United. Cincinnati would get a goal back thanks to an own goal in the 47th minute. As FC United tried to head away a corner kick, the ball found its way into the back of the net instead. Preston Welch (Georgetown, Ky.) found the ball inside the 18-yard box and brought the scoreline even in the 58th minute. Although FC Cincinnati continued to push forward to try to find a game winner, FC United Soccer Club went home with the win when Mateo Acosta tucked in his shot from distance inside the right post.
FC United Soccer Club 3, FC Cincinnati 2
Mercy Health Training Center | Milford, Ohio
October 5, 2019
FCU - Michael Chavez 13'
FCU - Daniel Kaye 32'
CIN - FC United Soccer Club own goal 47'
CIN - Preston Welch 58'
FCU - Mateo Acosta 70'
FC Cincinnati: Beckham Sunderland (GK), Tacobi Nsimpasi, Max Miller, Blake Ivey, Austin Welch (Samuel Hughes 80'), William Bencic (Jack Drabenstott 72'), Andrew Boettcher (Manuel Gutierrez 46'), Jean Claude Bikorimana, Preston Welch (Ashton Kamdem 62'), Arquimides Ordonez, Akinni James (Daniel Samways 46')
Unused Subs: Garrett Borgman, Grant Schafer
CIN - Jean Claude Bikorimana 34'
FCU - Konrad Kozlowski 38'
CIN - Austin Welch 44'
CIN - Ashton Kamdem 87'
The U-15's wasted no time and got on the scoresheet in the fifth minute. Ryder Mills (West Chester, Ohio) got behind a lofted cross to the far post to put the home team in the lead. Nicholas Samways (Loveland, Ohio) doubled FC Cincinnati's lead in the 16th minute. Cincinnati would continue to attack and Mills found success once again, scoring his second goal in the 23rd minute. In the 46th minute, Samways threaded a through ball to Mills, who poked the ball past FC United's goalkeeper to complete his hat trick. Gavin Green (Florence, Ky.), who had entered the match for Mills, scored FC Cincinnati's fifth goal in the 57th minute. FC United Soccer Academy got on the scoresheet minutes later. As FC Cincinnati attempted to play from the back, Kacper Los intercepted a pass and score the lone goal for FC United.
FC Cincinnati 5, FC United Soccer Club 1
Mercy Health Training Center | Milford, Ohio
October 5, 2019
CIN - Ryder Mills 4'
CIN - Nicholas Samways 16'
CIN - Ryder Mills 23'
CIN - Ryder Mills 46'
CIN - Gavin Green 57'
FCU - Kacper Los 60'
FC Cincinnati: Austin Wells (GK) (Luke Ruetschle 60'), Jonah Arszman (Grady Johnson 41'), Adam Enouen, Sam Vota (Andrew Gaydosh 60'), Travis Smith (Owen Parrish 46'), Adal Salinas (James Jackson 60'), Nicholas Samways, Nicholas McHenry, Matthew Dreas, Bennett Gerak (Gregory Jervier 46'), Ryder Mills (Gavin Green 46')
Unused Subs: None
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 7, 2019
- Toronto FC and D.C. United Kick-Off Time Changed - Toronto FC
- Time and Broadcast Update for Match against Toronto on October 19 - D.C. United
- Time Change: Round 1 Match vs. New England Now 1 p.m. - Atlanta United FC
- UPDATE: Kickoff for Revolution's Audi 2019 MLS Cup Playoffs Round One Match at Atlanta United Moved to 1:00 p.m. on October 19 - New England Revolution
- LA Galaxy Midfielder Efrain Alvarez Named to Mexico's U-17 FIFA World Cup Roster - LA Galaxy
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: October 7, 2019 - San Jose Earthquakes
- LAFC Forward and Golden Boot Winner Carlos Vela Voted MLS Player of the Week - Los Angeles FC
- FC Cincinnati Academy Update: October 7 - FC Cincinnati
- LA Galaxy to Host Watch Party on October 20 at Dignity Health Sports Park's Legends Plaza for Audi 2019 MLS Cup Playoffs Match - LA Galaxy
- Los Angeles Football Club Forward Carlos Vela Voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Portland Timbers Forward Brian Fernandez Voluntarily Enters MLS SABH Program for Assessment - MLS
- Houston Dynamo Forwards Named to Audi MLS Team of the Week - Houston Dynamo
- Montreal Impact's Possible Opponents in CONCACAF Champions League Are Known - Montreal Impact
- Auston Trusty Receives International Call-Up - Philadelphia Union
- MNUFC to Host LA Galaxy in Round One of Audi 2019 MLS Cup Playoffs - Minnesota United FC
- 2019 Audi MLS Cup Playoffs Times Announced for New York City FC - New York City FC
- Columbus Crew SC's Luis Diaz and Eloy Room Receive International Call-Ups - Columbus Crew SC
- Revolution to Face Atlanta United FC in Round One of Audi 2019 MLS Cup Playoffs - New England Revolution
- Atlanta United Set to Host New England Revolution October 19 - Atlanta United FC
- Orlando City SC Parts Ways with James O'Connor - Orlando City SC
- LA Galaxy to Face Minnesota United FC in Audi 2019 MLS Cup Playoffs on Sunday, October 20 - LA Galaxy
- Real Salt Lake Hosts Portland Timbers in Audi 2019 MLS Cup Playoffs - Real Salt Lake
- Single-Match Tickets for Sounders FC's First Match of the Audi 2019 MLS Cup Playoffs Go on Sale Tomorrow at 2:00 PM PT - Seattle Sounders FC
- Win Or Go Home: Matchups and Broadcast Schedule Set for New Audi 2019 MLS Cup Playoffs - MLS
- Philadelphia Union To Begin Audi 2019 MLS Cup Playoffs On Sunday Afternoon - Philadelphia Union
- Timbers Clinch Berth in Audi 2019 MLS Cup Playoffs with 3-1 Win over San Jose Earthquakes - Portland Timbers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Cincinnati Stories
- FC Cincinnati Announce Roster Decisions for the 2021 Season
- Gyau scores first FCC goal as Orange and Blue conclude 2020 MLS season
- Two FC Cincinnati Players Called up to Respective National Teams
- FC Cincinnati Academy Announces Discovery Program Dates
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: November 2, 2020