MLS Suspends San Jose Earthquakes Head Coach Matías Almeyda
The MLS League Office today announced that San Jose Earthquakes head coach Matías Almeyda has been fined an undisclosed amount and issued a one-match suspension as a result of his actions toward officials following San Jose's match against Real Salt Lake on Sept. 15, 2021. Almeyda will serve his suspension on Sept. 18 against Austin FC.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 17, 2021
- New York Defeats Inter Miami CF 4-0 - New York Red Bulls
- Inter Miami CF Falls 0-4 to New York Red Bulls - Inter Miami CF
- MLS Suspends San Jose Earthquakes Head Coach Matías Almeyda - San Jose Earthquakes
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced - MLS
- Sounders FC Travels to Real Salt Lake for Weekend Matchup - Seattle Sounders FC
- Minnesota United FC vs. LA Galaxy Preview - Minnesota United FC
- Rapids Begin Three-Game Homestand on Sunday vs. Vancouver - Colorado Rapids
- What to Watch for as Nashville SC Returns to Canada to Face Toronto FCÃÂ - Nashville SC
- Keys against Vancouver: Score Twice (Or More), Slow Ryan Gauld - Colorado Rapids
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo FC Host FC Dallas in Final Leg of Texas Derby - Houston Dynamo FC
- Revolution Host Columbus Crew Saturday on Concussion Awareness Night - New England Revolution
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. D.C. United - Atlanta United FC
- FC Cincinnati Match Preview vs New York City FC - FC Cincinnati
- Real Salt Lake Closes Three-Game Week Saturday against Seattle Sounders FC - Real Salt Lake
- #HOUvDAL: Five Facts You Need to Know - FC Dallas
- MNUFC Loans Forward Patrick Weah to Sacramento - Minnesota United FC
- Austin FC Announces Grand Opening of "Verde Store on Congress" - Austin FC
- Inter Miami CF Announces Mas Brothers, Beckham Increase Ownership Stake in the Club - Inter Miami CF
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.