Inter Miami CF Announces Mas Brothers, Beckham Increase Ownership Stake in the Club
Inter Miami CF today announced Jorge and Jose Mas and David Beckham finalized the buyout of Marcelo Claure and Masayoshi Son. In addition, Ares Management ("Ares") has joined the Club as a preferred equity investor through funds managed by its Credit Group.
"This is an important milestone for Inter Miami, and we thank Marcelo and Masayoshi for believing in bringing a team to South Florida," said Inter Miami CF CEO and Managing Owner Jorge Mas. "As we look toward the future, these ownership changes underscore mine, my brother Jose's and David's deep belief and commitment to the success of our fútbol Club. On the field, we firmly believe we are building the right culture and processes to lift trophies, and off the field, we will continue to harness the power of fútbol to do positive things through our partnerships and our community efforts. We look forward to welcoming Ares as a strategic investor and together grow Inter Miami."
"We are immensely proud of the progress we've made over the past year and a half in Major League Soccer, and we are grateful to have had Marcelo and Masayoshi with us for the first part of our journey," said Inter Miami CF Owner David Beckham. "I am more committed than ever to working with my partners and friends Jorge and Jose to build a lasting legacy, developing youth players from our Academy, competing for championships regularly, and most importantly, rooting ourselves into the DNA of our community and South Florida."
The Raine Group served as exclusive financial advisor to Inter Miami CF.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 17, 2021
- New York Defeats Inter Miami CF 4-0 - New York Red Bulls
- Inter Miami CF Falls 0-4 to New York Red Bulls - Inter Miami CF
- MLS Suspends San Jose Earthquakes Head Coach Matías Almeyda - San Jose Earthquakes
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced - MLS
- Sounders FC Travels to Real Salt Lake for Weekend Matchup - Seattle Sounders FC
- Minnesota United FC vs. LA Galaxy Preview - Minnesota United FC
- Rapids Begin Three-Game Homestand on Sunday vs. Vancouver - Colorado Rapids
- What to Watch for as Nashville SC Returns to Canada to Face Toronto FCÃÂ - Nashville SC
- Keys against Vancouver: Score Twice (Or More), Slow Ryan Gauld - Colorado Rapids
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo FC Host FC Dallas in Final Leg of Texas Derby - Houston Dynamo FC
- Revolution Host Columbus Crew Saturday on Concussion Awareness Night - New England Revolution
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. D.C. United - Atlanta United FC
- FC Cincinnati Match Preview vs New York City FC - FC Cincinnati
- Real Salt Lake Closes Three-Game Week Saturday against Seattle Sounders FC - Real Salt Lake
- #HOUvDAL: Five Facts You Need to Know - FC Dallas
- MNUFC Loans Forward Patrick Weah to Sacramento - Minnesota United FC
- Austin FC Announces Grand Opening of "Verde Store on Congress" - Austin FC
- Inter Miami CF Announces Mas Brothers, Beckham Increase Ownership Stake in the Club - Inter Miami CF
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.