Miracle And Stone Crabs Split Twin Bill
FORT MYERS, Fla. - The Fort Myers Miracle and Charlotte Stone Crabs split a doubleheader on Wednesday night at Hammond Stadium in Fort Myers. The Miracle won game one, 4-3, before dropping the nightcap, 5-0.
Charlotte right-hander Joe Ryan carried a no-hitter into the sixth inning in the nightcap before Trevor Larnach doubled with two outs to break it up. Ryan (4-2) struck out nine.
The Stone Crabs carried a 3-0 lead into the seventh before breaking the game open on a Jim Haley two-run single.
Melvi Acosta (4-2) suffered the loss after yielding two runs in five innings.
In game one, Royce Lewis belted a walk-off home run in the bottom of the seventh, his second home run of the game, to propel the Miracle to their first win of the second half. Ryan Jeffers also went deep for Fort Myers.
The Miracle open a four-game series on Thursday night in Jupiter against the Hammerheads, the Class-A Advanced affiliate of the Miami Marlins.
• Discuss this story on the Florida State League message board...
Florida State League Stories from June 19, 2019
- Ortiz, Threshers Take Slugfest in Rubber Match over Marauders - Clearwater Threshers
- Ryan Flirts with No-No in One-Hit Shutout of Miracle - Charlotte Stone Crabs
- Fire Frogs Home Stand Highlights - Florida Fire Frogs
- Mets Sweep Flying Tigers with 5-1 Victory - St. Lucie Mets
- Miracle And Stone Crabs Split Twin Bill - Fort Myers Mighty Mussels
- Taps & Tacos Thursday, June 20th - Clearwater Threshers
- Stone Crabs Game Notes - Wed, June 19 at Fort Myers - Charlotte Stone Crabs
- Fort Myers Miracle to Celebrate Independence Day with Largest Fireworks Show of the Season - Fort Myers Mighty Mussels
- Daytona Downs Florida in Finale, 5-4 - Daytona Tortugas
- Two-Out Tallies Take Tortugas Past Fire Frogs, 5-4 - Florida Fire Frogs
- Dunedin Splits Two with Tampa - Dunedin Blue Jays
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.