Mirabito Outdoor Classic To Be Televised Live On Time Warner Cable Sports And The NHL Network
Syracuse, NY (February 3, 2010) - The Syracuse Crunch announced today that the Mirabito Outdoor Classic, the AHL's first-ever outdoor game, will be broadcast live on Time Warner Cable Sports and throughout the United States and Canada on the NHL Network.
"Having the NHL Network carry this game throughout North America is a major boost for our team, league and entire community," said Syracuse Crunch President and C.E.O., Howard Dolgon.
"Getting this game on NHL Network is a coup akin to winning the rights to Ovechkin or Crosby in the draft lottery," said Senator Charles E. Schumer. "It's going make what was already a power play for the Syracuse economy even more powerful by drawing a massive amount of attention to Central New York. And it makes our dream of having this game become an annual event even more realistic."
"Time Warner Cable Sports is proud to produce and televise live this history-making event" said TWCS Director, Doug Logan. "We greatly appreciate our longtime relationship with the Syracuse Crunch, and we're excited about sharing our exclusive, high-definition coverage with all hockey fans on Time Warner Cable Sports in New York State, and throughout the United States and Canada on NHL Network."
The NHL Network, which launched in Canada in 2001 and in the U.S. in October 2007, serves hockey fans by offering what they crave most: unprecedented 24-hour access to the most comprehensive hockey coverage, both on and off the ice.
Featuring over 75 live NHL games in the 2009-10 season, special coverage from events such as the NHL Winter Classic, live college hockey games and the signature nightly highlight show "On The Fly," NHL Network has over 30 million North American subscribers.
Tickets for the Mirabito Outdoor Classic are priced at $30 for end grandstand and $40 for center grandstand seating. Groups of 20 people or more receive a discount.
In addition, tickets can be purchased by calling the Crunch office at (315) 473- 4444, calling TicketMaster at 1-800-745-3000, or by stopping by the Oncenter Box Office, located on the State Street Side of the War Memorial at Oncenter
The Mirabito Outdoor Classic, the American Hockey League's first-ever outdoor game, is scheduled to be played on February 20, 2010 at 1 p.m. at the New York State Fairgrounds against the Binghamton Senators.
Mirabito Energy Products, the title sponsor of the Mirabito Outdoor Classic, is a New York-based company that has been providing energy needs for families and businesses throughout upstate New York since 1927. Mirabito Energy Products offers a variety of products including heating oil, propane, natural gas, coal, gasoline, diesel fuels, kerosene, and lubricants.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 3, 2010
- Aeros Send Peoria Up River With 4-1 Win - Houston Aeros
- Hogs Post Third Straight With 5-3 Win Over Grand Rapids - Rockford IceHogs
- Griffins Fall 5-3 in Rockford - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Bulldogs Halt Rampage With 4-0 Win - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Dennis McCauley's field goal leads Sharks over Falcons 8-4 - Worcester Sharks
- Bulldog Power Play Leads Hamilton Past Rampage 4-0 - San Antonio Rampage
- Norfolk Earns A Point In Its Eighth-Straight Game - Norfolk Admirals
- Falcons Fall To Sharks 8-4 - Springfield Falcons
- Penguins Slip By Adirondack 5-4 In Shootout - Adirondack Phantoms
- Wolf Pack Beat Devils 3-2 In OT - Connecticut Whale
- Rats Get Crunched At Home - Albany River Rats
- 'Monster' Second Period Lifts Lake Erie To A 3-2 Win - Rochester Americans
- Crunch Exterminate Rats To Win Fourth Straight - Syracuse Crunch
- Valentines Day To The Max - Manchester Monarchs
- Sawada Called Up To Dallas - Texas Stars
- Ducks Assign Nick Boynton To Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Claude Noel Named Columbus Blue Jackets Head Coach - Milwaukee Admirals
- Admirals Sign Forward Matt Fornataro To Standard Contract - Norfolk Admirals
- Wolves Assists Reading Program - Chicago Wolves
- Fallon Recalled, Hogs Home Tonight And On XM Radio Later This Month - Rockford IceHogs
- Gistedt Recalled To San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- Mirabito Outdoor Classic To Be Televised Live On Time Warner Cable Sports And The NHL Network - Binghamton Senators
- Sulzer Recalled By Nashville - Milwaukee Admirals
- Mirabito Outdoor Classic To Be Televised Live On Time Warner Cable Sports And The NHL Network - Syracuse Crunch
- AHL Quick Hits - AHL
- River Rats Sign Yannick Tifu To PTO - Albany River Rats
- NHL Network Partners With The American Hockey League To Broadcast Six Games in February and March - AHL
- Wolves Present Second Annual NIHL Wolves Cup - Chicago Wolves
- Matt Marquardt Returns To Providence - Providence Bruins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.