#MINvFCD: 5 Things You Need to Know About the Match
FC Dallas (8-7-5, 29 points) will play Minnesota United (9-7-3, 30 points) on Saturday, July 13 at 7 PM CT at Allianz Field. This is the first of two meetings between the clubs in 2019, with Minnesota coming off a 6-1 win over New Mexico United in the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup on Wednesday.
Details You Need to Know:
Gameday Social: #MINvFCD
TV: 7 PM CT on Texas 21
Radio: 7 PM CT on FCDallas.com/Radio
(English) and 1270AM (Spanish)
Next Home Match: FC Dallas hosts Sevilla FC on Wednesday, July 17th at 7 PM CT in a match presented by Toyota. This will be the second friendly of 2019 for FC Dallas after playing Tijuana on July 7th.
5 Things to Know About #MINvFCD
FC Dallas had four homegrowns - Edwin Cerrillo, Bryan Reynolds, Thomas Roberts and Brandon Servania - named to the 2019 MLS Homegrown Game presented by Energizer. Dallas is ranked second in the league for homegrown minutes and tied an MLS record on June 22 when seven homegrown players appeared in the match against Toronto FC.
Standings on the Line
FC Dallas and Minnesota United are currently only one point apart in the Western Conference Standings. Minnesota leads by one point putting them in fourth place, one ahead of Dallas. A win this weekend would help FC Dallas leapfrog Minnesota in the standings.
Saves on Saves
Goalkeeper Jesse Gonzalez continues to improve his stats throughout the season. Gonzalez currently is ranked sixth among MLS goalkeepers with a 1.17 goals against average. He's had 45 saves, 26 inside the box, and eight outside the box.
History isn't much to go on in this matchup as FC Dallas and Minnesota have only met on four occasions. Dallas leads the series with three wins and one loss, having scored six goals and conceded four over that span. FCD has a 1-1-0 record away to Minnesota, with its solitary win coming last season in a 1-0 victory courtesy of a Roland Lamah strike in the second half.
Minnesota has been a consistent team in 2019. Recently, The Loons won three games in a row over an 8-game span including a resounding 7-1 victory over a struggling FC Cincinnati side. A win on Saturday could see Minnesota overtake the Seattle Sounders in third place in the West.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from July 12, 2019
- Dynamo Fall 3-1 to Los Angeles FC - Houston Dynamo
- D.C. United Draw New England 2-2 at Audi Field - D.C. United
- Revolution and D.C. United Play to 2-2 Draw - New England Revolution
- Impact Hosts Rival Toronto FC Saturday Night at Stade Saputo - Montreal Impact
- Sounders FC Unveils Results for Best XI Campaign - Seattle Sounders FC
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Seattle Sounders FC - Atlanta United FC
- Match Preview: Columbus Crew SC Travels to Face Orlando City SC Tomorrow - Columbus Crew SC
- Real Salt Lake Hosts the Philadelphia Union Saturday in Sandy - Real Salt Lake
- Fans & Collectors Invited to Kick It at Sneakerhead Night, Presented by WSS on Friday Before Dynamo Host LAFC - Houston Dynamo
- Liga MX and Univision Deportes Announce Sellout for Campeon de Campeones and SuperCopa MX Doubleheader July 14 - LA Galaxy
- #MINvFCD: 5 Things You Need to Know About the Match - FC Dallas
- Minnesota United FC vs. FC Dallas Preview - Minnesota United FC
- Real Madrid to Hold Public Training at Stade Saputo on July 17 - Montreal Impact
- RSL's Pablo Ruiz, Real Monarchs SLC's Andrew Brody and Josh Heard Join FC Pinzgau Saalfelden on Loan - Real Salt Lake
- Storylines | City vs. Columbus Crew SC - Orlando City SC
- Match Preview: First Edition of the 2019 New York Derby Set for Sunday - New York Red Bulls
- Preview: Orlando City Hosts Columbus Crew on Saturday - Orlando City SC
- Preview: Sporting Visits Vancouver on Saturday - Sporting Kansas City
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Dallas Stories
- Dante Sealy Called into Youth National Team Camp
- #SEAvFCD: 5 Things You Need to Know About the Match
- FC Dallas Foundation, Frisco ISD and the National Soccer Hall of Fame Launch STEAM FC Program
- Ryan Hollingshead Re-Signs with FC Dallas
- FC Dallas Falls to Chicago Fire 4-0