MetroStars Lose to Utica City FC
?Missing its top scorer Mo Babouli and veteran co-captain Dwayne De Rosario through injury, the Mississauga MetroStars kept things close through three quarters but eventually suffered a 13-5 loss to Eastern Division rivals Utica City FC in a MASL match Sunday afternoon at the Adirondack Bank Center in upstate New York.
? ?UCFC captain Bo Jelovac put the hosts on the board just 18 seconds into the game and would add a second before Matthew Rios cut the early deficit in half for the MetroStars with his fifth goal of the season. But Jelovac would complete the hattrick just before the end of the first quarter to give the hosts a 3-1 lead after 15 minutes.
? ?Logan Roberts, who netted a hattrick in Utica's 9-1 defeat of Baltimore Blast Friday night, struck for a fourth goal early in the second quarter before Josip Keran and Damion Graham reduced the lead once again for Mississauga with Rios contributing assists on both goals. However, tallies from Darren Toby and Jelovac, with his fourth of the game and 14th of the season, would double Utica's lead to 6-3 at halftime.
? ?Luis Rocha, returning from a lengthy injury layoff, netted his first of the season for Mississauga early in the third quarter, but Stephen DeRoux and Joey Tavernese, with his 15th of the year, would once again double UCFC's lead and the MetroStars trailed 8-4 after 45 minutes.
? ?Mississauga would trim the lead again as Darren Chambers struck early in the fourth quarter but that was as close as the MetroStars came. UCFC would strike five more times, including Tavernese's 16th of the season, through the final period to put the game out of reach.
? ?With the loss, the MetroStars' record in the MASL's Eastern Division falls to 2-10 while UCFC improves to 11-4 and extends its lead over the Blast in the Eastern Division.
? ?The MetroStars return home to the Paramount Fine Foods Centre next week for two Family Day weekend matches, first against the Baltimore Blast Friday, February 15 with kickoff set for 7:35pm (ET). Then, Mississauga hosts the Harrisburg Heat Sunday, February 17 with a 3:05pm (ET) kickoff.
MASL Match Report
Match: Utica City FC vs Mississauga MetroStars
Date: February 10, 2019
Venue: Adirondack Bank Centre
Kickoff: 2:05pm (ET)
Goals 1 2 3 4
Utica City FC 3 3 2 5
Mississauga 1 2 1 1
For season and single game tickets and information, contact the MetroStars at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 1-866-56-STARS (1-866-567-8277).
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from February 10, 2019
- Sidekicks Fall to Number One Team in Division - Dallas Sidekicks
- Heat Lose Road Match to Blast, 9-3 - Harrisburg Heat
- Blast Bounce Back with Win vs Harrisburg 9-3 - Baltimore Blast
- MetroStars Lose to Utica City FC - Mississauga MetroStars
- Utica City Cruises Past Mississauga - Utica City FC
- Utica City FC Signs Ubiparipovic to a Two-Year Extension - Utica City FC
- Game Preview - Harrisburg Heat vs. Baltimore Blast - Harrisburg Heat
- Wave Handles Tropics, 8-4; Road Losing Streak Stretches to 10 - Florida Tropics SC
- Wave Wins at Home Leading into Month Long Road Trip - Milwaukee Wave
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Mississauga MetroStars Stories
- MetroStars Drop Last Game to Heat
- MetroStars Visit Harrisburg to Wrap up MASL Season
- MetroStars Fall to Utica City FC
- MetroStars Beaten by Heat
- MetroStars Visit Harrisburg, Utica this Weekend