MetroStars Drop Last Game to Heat
A power play goal midway through the fourth quarter by Dylan Hundelt, his 8th goal of the season, broke a 6-6 tie and paced the host Harrisburg Heat to a 9-6 win over the Mississauga MetroStars in the final MASL regular season game for both teams Saturday night at the PA Farm Show Arena in Harrisburg, PA.
? ?Mississauga, playing without scoring leader Mo Babouli, started well as Damion Graham netted his 16th goal of the season just 3:42 into the game as he collected a pass from Jarred Phillips and beat Zach Hausmann, the Heat backup keeper making just his first start of the season.
? ?But Harrisburg came out flying in the second quarter, scoring two goals in just 65 seconds. First Patrick Thompson struck a shot off the end boards that caromed into the net off MetroStars defender Halburto Harris. Then Matt Braem finished off a nice play after Edgar Godoy had done some strong work along the boards and the Heat had a 2-1 lead. Daniel Villela extended the lead to 3-1 collecting a Tavoy Morgan shot off the end boards, netting his 10th of the season. But late in the quarter, Graham fed a lead pass to Phillips who beat Hausmann in close to cut the Heat lead to 3-2 at halftime.
? ?Early in the third quarter, Nelson Santana scored into an open net after MetroStars keeper Sebastian Zeballos came out to challenge Morgan and Harrisburg led 4-2. Then, in less than three minutes, Ricardo Carvalho, with his 30th of the season, and Julian Escobar extended the Harrisburg lead to 6-2 before David Velastegui replied for Mississauga with a shorthanded goal with just over three minutes remaining in the quarter. That goal started a Mississauga comeback as Graham netted three more tallies within the opening three minutes of the fourth quarter and the MetroStars had Harrisburg on the ropes.
? ?With the score 6-6 midway through the quarter, Zeballos appeared to play the ball just outside the box and was called for a handball infraction. Despite saving the resulting penalty shootout from Carvalho, he could not stop Hundelt's power play goal. Tom Mellor added an 8th Heat goal on another power play and Villela slotted into an empty net with Mississauga employing a 6th attacker to close out the scoring in a wildly entertaining game.
? ?With the victory, Harrisburg closed out the regular season with a record of 11-13 while Mississauga finished its expansion season with a 4-20 record.
MASL Match Report
Match: Harrisburg Heat v Mississauga MetroStars
Date: April 6, 2019
Venue: PA Farm Show Arena
Kickoff: 7:06pm (EDT)
? ?For season and single game tickets and information, contact the MetroStars at email@example.com or by phone at 1-866-56-STARS (1-866-567-8277).
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from April 6, 2019
- Stars Dump Dallas 7-4 - Tacoma Stars
- Record Crowd Can't Root Home Tropics to Win as Blast Take 4-2 Triumph - Florida Tropics SC
- Heat Close out 2018-19 Season with 9-6 Victory over Metro Stars - Harrisburg Heat
- MetroStars Drop Last Game to Heat - Mississauga MetroStars
- Blast End Regular Season with 4-2 Victory over Tropics - Baltimore Blast
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Mississauga MetroStars Stories
- MetroStars Canada Brings Major Arena Soccer to Fans with Six-City Tour
- Metrostars Canada Launches 6-City Tour in Niagara & Hosts Marvel Super Hero Weekends
- Metrostars Canada Will Make Its Debut in Kingston Next Month, with a Pair of Games at Leon's Centre
- Metrostars Canada Series against Rochester Lancers Postponed
- MetroStars Drop Last Game to Heat