Heat Close out 2018-19 Season with 9-6 Victory over Metro Stars
The Harrisburg Heat closed out their first season under Pat Healey with a 9-6 win over the Mississauga Metro Stars. Daniel Villela led the way for the HEAT with 2 goals and an assist. Tavoy Morgan, closed out a very impressive rookie season with two assists, HEAT leading scorer Ricardo Carvalho scored a goal as did Tom Mellor, Julian Escobar, Matt Braem, Nelson Santana and Patrick Thompson and Dylan Hundelt.
The Metro Stars were led by Damion Graham who scored 4 goals and earned the Man of the Match award. Jarred Phillips and David Velastegui also scored for Mississauga.
Zach Haussler got the win in net for the HEAT in his debut to Professional Arena soccer, making nine saves.Harrisburg ended the season with an 11-13 record. After starting 1-7, the HEAT went on a 10-6 run to close out the season, following a six win campaign last year.The HEAT will be active in the community during the summer, before the 2019-20 season kicks off this winter.
The entire HEAT organization would like to thank everyone who attended and supported them during the 2018-19 season!
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from April 6, 2019
- Stars Dump Dallas 7-4 - Tacoma Stars
- Record Crowd Can't Root Home Tropics to Win as Blast Take 4-2 Triumph - Florida Tropics SC
- Heat Close out 2018-19 Season with 9-6 Victory over Metro Stars - Harrisburg Heat
- MetroStars Drop Last Game to Heat - Mississauga MetroStars
- Blast End Regular Season with 4-2 Victory over Tropics - Baltimore Blast
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.