Wave Wins at Home Leading into Month Long Road Trip
The Milwaukee Wave took on the Florida Tropics tonight at the UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena. The Wave defeated the Tropics to boost their all-time match up record to 4-0.
Final score Milwaukee Wave 8, Florida Tropics 4.
"The Tropics played a great game tonight," said Milwaukee Wave Head Coach Guiliano Oliviero. "We knew coming in that they are much better than their record shows. Last match up they pushed us up until the last minute, and tonight they brought similar work."
Milwaukee Wave forward #26 Ian Bennett lead the team in scoring with a hat-trick, all before the second half began. #99 Andre Hayne scored two goals throughout the game to push the Wave further in the lead. Additional Wave scorers were #18 Isaac Pereyera, #75 Jonaton Santos, and #3 Chad Vandegriffe.
"There's really no excuse to not play hard for our community," said Milwaukee Wave Forward Ian Bennett. "I'm just thankful tonight I felt 100% after my injury. It was just a great night to be out there."
Bennett is on a hot streak after being out recently due to injury. Bennett was out for 3 games, but came back with a bang and quickly became the team's leading scorer once again - now totaling 25 points and 20 goals. Bennett was chosen as the Professional Construction INC's 'Hardest Working Player of the Game' for his performance tonight against the Tropics.
Bennett and the rest of the Wave will now hit the road for their next 5 games. Their first stop will be in Kansas City, to take on the Comets on February 16th at 7:05pm CST. They will then take on the Baltimore Blast, Harrisburg Heat, Orlando Seawolves, and the St. Louis Ambush before heading back home to Milwaukee.
You can watch these games LIVE and for FREE on MASLtv via MASLsoccer.com
The Milwaukee Wave will be back at UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena on Saturday, March 9th to take on the Orlando Seawolves. Kickoff is scheduled for 1:05pm CST / Milwaukee time.
Get tickets and more information by visiting MilwaukeeWave.com.
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from February 10, 2019
- Sidekicks Fall to Number One Team in Division - Dallas Sidekicks
- Heat Lose Road Match to Blast, 9-3 - Harrisburg Heat
- Blast Bounce Back with Win vs Harrisburg 9-3 - Baltimore Blast
- MetroStars Lose to Utica City FC - Mississauga MetroStars
- Utica City Cruises Past Mississauga - Utica City FC
- Utica City FC Signs Ubiparipovic to a Two-Year Extension - Utica City FC
- Game Preview - Harrisburg Heat vs. Baltimore Blast - Harrisburg Heat
- Wave Handles Tropics, 8-4; Road Losing Streak Stretches to 10 - Florida Tropics SC
- Wave Wins at Home Leading into Month Long Road Trip - Milwaukee Wave
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.