Wave Handles Tropics, 8-4; Road Losing Streak Stretches to 10
MILWAUKEE - Although Florida scored the first goal of the game, the Milwaukee Wave rolled past the Tropics Saturday night, 8-4, in a Major Arena Soccer League Game before a crowd of 3,653 at UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena.
The Tropics are now 0-7 on the road this season, and winless in their last 10 away from home dating back to the 2017-18 season.
Florida got goals from Victor Parreiras, Ricardo Diegues, Antonio Manfut and Andre Braitwaite. Milwaukee's Ian Bennett had the hat trick before the second quarter was even half gone, helping the Wave build a 5-2 lead at intermission which eventually stretched to 7-2 in the final half.
So far this season, the Tropics have allowed 101 goals, third worst in the league behind only St. Louis (109) and Turlock (121). Milwaukee easily outshot the Tropics by a margin of 33-22.
The Tropics, 4-10, will be back to the friendly confines of the RP Funding Center Saturday when they host the Orlando SeaWolves in a 7:05 start. It starts a stretch of five straight games between the Wolves or Ambush for Florida. For more information and tickets, call 863-240-0101, or visit www.fltropics.com.
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from February 10, 2019
- Sidekicks Fall to Number One Team in Division - Dallas Sidekicks
- Heat Lose Road Match to Blast, 9-3 - Harrisburg Heat
- Blast Bounce Back with Win vs Harrisburg 9-3 - Baltimore Blast
- MetroStars Lose to Utica City FC - Mississauga MetroStars
- Utica City Cruises Past Mississauga - Utica City FC
- Utica City FC Signs Ubiparipovic to a Two-Year Extension - Utica City FC
- Game Preview - Harrisburg Heat vs. Baltimore Blast - Harrisburg Heat
- Wave Handles Tropics, 8-4; Road Losing Streak Stretches to 10 - Florida Tropics SC
- Wave Wins at Home Leading into Month Long Road Trip - Milwaukee Wave
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Florida Tropics SC Stories
- Tropics Add Second MASL Championship Player with Signing of Ricardo "Ricardinho" Sobreira
- Tropics Continue to Bolster Roster with Signing of MASL Championship Defender Drew Ruggles
- Tropics Sign MASL Veteran and Former MLS Defender Stephen DeRoux
- Tropics Re-Sign Arico and Manfut to Contract Extensions
- Tropics Ink Second Major Signing of MASL Free Agency Period with Superstar Gordy Gurson