Memphis Grizzlies Call-Up Tyrus Thomas
Des Moines, Iowa . - The Memphis Grizzlies have Called-Up forward Tyrus Thomas to a 10-day contract, Grizzlies General Manager Chris Wallace announced today.
Thomas (6-10, 225) was acquired by the Energy on Jan. 13 and made his team debut on Jan. 16 at the NBA D-League Showcase, scoring 15 points against Delaware. He posted a double-double with 13 points and 10 rebounds at the Showcase on Jan. 18 vs. Erie. In two games with the Energy, Thomas has averaged 14.5 points, 7.0 rebounds and 2.0 blocks on .588 shooting in 26.9 minutes.
Thomas most recently played with the Charlotte Bobcats (2009-2013), playing in 146 games (34 starts) and averaging 7.5 points, 4.4 rebounds and 0.7 assists. The Louisiana State product holds NBA averages of 14.0 points, 8.8 rebounds and 1.6 assists in 400 career games (129 starts) with the Charlotte Bobcats, Toronto Raptors and Chicago Bulls. Thomas earned SEC Freshman of the Year following the 2005-2006 season and earned NCAA Atlanta Region MVP in the NCAA Tournament.
Iowa Energy 2014-2015 single game tickets are now on sale starting at just $8. Group tickets, Flex Packs and payment plans are available now. For more information, visit IowaNBA.com or contact the Energy at (515)-564-8550. For more information on the Energy, "like' the Iowa Energy on Facebook or follow on Twitter (@iowaenergy).
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 22, 2015
- Iowa Energy Fall to the Sioux Falls Skyforce - Iowa Wolves
- Suns Assign Ennis, Warren to Bakersfield - Bakersfield Jam
- Reno Bighorns and Nevada Army National Guard to Host 2015 High School Rivalry Series - Reno Bighorns
- Suns Assign Ennis, Warren to NBA D-League's Bakersfield Jam - G League
- Grizzlies Sign Iowa's Tyrus Thomas to 10-Day Contract - G League
- Memphis Grizzlies Call-Up Tyrus Thomas - Iowa Wolves
- Red Claws Complete Trade with Idaho Stampede - Maine Red Claws
- Jermaine Taylor Acquired by Stampede - Idaho Stampede
- Skyforce, Local Knights of Columbus Councils to Host Free Throw Contest - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Westchester Knicks Waive AJ Ussery - Westchester Knicks
- Austin Spurs Host Pink Night - Austin Spurs
- Drive Announces Chemical Bank Jersey Theme Night - Grand Rapids Drive
- D-Fenders Fall to Warriors in Ontario, CA - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Warriors Dominate D-Fenders on the Road - Santa Cruz Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Iowa Wolves Stories
- Wolves Announce Priority Dates for 2019-20 Season
- Iowa Unable to Complete Comeback in Season Finale
- Wolves Lock Down in Fourth Quarter to Secure Win over Suns
- Iowa Takes Care of Business in Home Finale against Wisconsin
- Wolves Take Down Spurs in Come-From-Behind Victory