Iowa Energy Fall to the Sioux Falls Skyforce
Sioux Falls, SD. - The Iowa Energy (10-12) fell 110-99 to the Sioux Falls Skyforce (13-11) Thursday night at the Sanford Penatagon.
Iowa was led by Kalin Lucas with 18 points and 4 rebounds, Jordan Adams with 18 points and 9 rebounds and Jarnell Stokes with a double-double 12 points and 14 rebounds. Sioux Falls was led by Scotty Hopson with 30 points and 10 rebounds.
The Energy jumped out to an early lead against the Skyforce in the first quarter, scoring the first five points in the game. Iowa increased the lead to eight points midway through the quarter and held a 27-22 advantage heading into the second quarter.
Iowa continued to lead during the first half of the second quarter before Sioux Falls was able to take the lead 42-41 with 6:07 left before halftime. Sioux Falls would hold a 55-49 lead at halftime. Jordan Adams scored 10 second quarter points for the Energy. Kalin Lucas led the Energy with 14 first half points.
Sioux Falls took control of the third quarter outscoring the Energy 39-18. Turnovers plagued the Energy and the Skyforce were able to capitalize by scoring 25 points in the final six minutes of the quarter to hold a 94-67 lead heading into the fourth quarter.
The Energy were able to put together a comeback in the fourth quarter, outscoring the Skyforce 32-16. Iowa was down 32 points with 7:03 left in the game. The Energy would go on a 12-0 run to pull within 20. They were able to get the lead down to only 11 points, but ran out of time as Sioux Falls would hang on to win.
The Energy are back home Saturday and Sunday for two games against the Grand Rapids Drive. Saturday is an Energy drawstring backpack giveaway to the first 1,000 fans. It's also Hoops For A Cure pink jersey auction with proceeds benefiting Mercy Cancer Center.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 22, 2015
- Iowa Energy Fall to the Sioux Falls Skyforce - Iowa Wolves
- Suns Assign Ennis, Warren to Bakersfield - Bakersfield Jam
- Reno Bighorns and Nevada Army National Guard to Host 2015 High School Rivalry Series - Reno Bighorns
- Suns Assign Ennis, Warren to NBA D-League's Bakersfield Jam - G League
- Grizzlies Sign Iowa's Tyrus Thomas to 10-Day Contract - G League
- Memphis Grizzlies Call-Up Tyrus Thomas - Iowa Wolves
- Red Claws Complete Trade with Idaho Stampede - Maine Red Claws
- Jermaine Taylor Acquired by Stampede - Idaho Stampede
- Skyforce, Local Knights of Columbus Councils to Host Free Throw Contest - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Westchester Knicks Waive AJ Ussery - Westchester Knicks
- Austin Spurs Host Pink Night - Austin Spurs
- Drive Announces Chemical Bank Jersey Theme Night - Grand Rapids Drive
- D-Fenders Fall to Warriors in Ontario, CA - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Warriors Dominate D-Fenders on the Road - Santa Cruz Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Iowa Wolves Stories
- Wolves Statement on NBA G League's Decision to Cancel Remainder of 2019-20 Season
- Wolves Issue Statement on NBA G League's Decision to Suspend Game Play
- Late Heroics Lift Wolves over Vipers
- Spellman's Triple-Double Not Enough in Home Loss to Warriors
- Wolves Fail to Hold off Stars in Salt Lake City