Warriors Dominate D-Fenders on the Road
SANTA CRUZ, Calif. - The Santa Cruz Warriors handed the Los Angeles D-Fenders a 138-103 loss on Wednesday evening, with seven different Warriors scoring in double-figures.
Moe Baker had an explosive night, scoring 21 points on a 9 of 11 shooting effort. Dominique Sutton notched a double-double, with 21 points and 12 rebounds. Ronald Roberts Jr., who was acquired today in a trade with the Delaware 87ers, came off the bench to post 18 points and 7 rebounds in his first game as a Warrior.
Los Angeles was paced by Vander Blue, who scored a game-high 34 points. Jabari Brown tallied 26 points and Roscoe Smith recorded a double-double, with 11 points and 13 rebounds.
The Warriors emerged sharpshooting in the first quarter, leading the D-Fenders 11-2 in just under four minutes of play. At the start of the second period, Santa Cruz edged Los Angeles by 4 points, never trailing during the entire first quarter. The second quarter would see Santa Cruz increase their distance from the D-Fenders, leading by as many as 19 points.
In the fourth quarter, Santa Cruz took over the game completely, finishing with a season-high 138 points and winning by 35 points.
Santa Cruz kept the edge on field goal percentage (56%-44%), rebounds made (54-34), assists made (33-18), and steals (10-6).
The Santa Cruz Warriors return home to Kaiser Permanente Arena to face the Reno Bighorns on Friday. Fans can listen to the broadcast on the Santa Cruz Warriors flagship station, KION 1460AM/101.1FM, or catch the game on the NBA D-League's YouTube channel, via http://www.santacruzbasketball.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 22, 2015
- Iowa Energy Fall to the Sioux Falls Skyforce - Iowa Wolves
- Suns Assign Ennis, Warren to Bakersfield - Bakersfield Jam
- Reno Bighorns and Nevada Army National Guard to Host 2015 High School Rivalry Series - Reno Bighorns
- Suns Assign Ennis, Warren to NBA D-League's Bakersfield Jam - G League
- Grizzlies Sign Iowa's Tyrus Thomas to 10-Day Contract - G League
- Memphis Grizzlies Call-Up Tyrus Thomas - Iowa Wolves
- Red Claws Complete Trade with Idaho Stampede - Maine Red Claws
- Jermaine Taylor Acquired by Stampede - Idaho Stampede
- Skyforce, Local Knights of Columbus Councils to Host Free Throw Contest - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Westchester Knicks Waive AJ Ussery - Westchester Knicks
- Austin Spurs Host Pink Night - Austin Spurs
- Drive Announces Chemical Bank Jersey Theme Night - Grand Rapids Drive
- D-Fenders Fall to Warriors in Ontario, CA - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Warriors Dominate D-Fenders on the Road - Santa Cruz Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Santa Cruz Warriors Stories
- NBA G League Cancels Remainder of 2019-20 Season
- Santa Cruz Warriors Graduation Week, Presented by Santa Cruz County Bank
- Santa Cruz Warriors Release Limited Edition T-Shirt
- Warriors and Togo's Donate Lunch to Second Harvest Food Bank
- Blondie Announces New Kaiser Permanente Arena Date - Sunday, September 13