May 4th Opening Night in RiverDogs 2021 Schedule
CHARLESTON, S.C. - The Charleston RiverDogs, the Low-A Affiliate of the Tampa Bay Rays, in conjunction with Major League Baseball, have announced their schedule for 2021. Charleston will open the gates to fans on Opening Night, presented by Rev Federal Credit Union, on May 4th, kicking off a six-day home stand at The Joe against the Myrtle Beach Pelicans.
The RiverDogs expect to allow fans into all home games in 2021, though initially at a reduced capacity. The team is working closely with local and state officials, MLB, and MUSC Health to finalize social distancing, cleaning, and operational guidelines to provide a safe experience.
With today's schedule release, fans can reserve their spot for games this season by purchasing flex ticket voucher plans starting today at the below link. Fans who purchase one of these plans - available in denominations of 10 and 20 tickets - will receive a free "Here for the Dogs" t-shirt. By purchasing a voucher plan, fans are also entered to win the opportunity to throw a virtual ceremonial first pitch caught by RiverDogs director of fun Bill Murray.
Those discounted voucher plans will be available through March 1, allowing fans to redeem vouchers for specific games at a priority level before individual game tickets going on sale to the public. Single game tickets will be made available to the public on March 7.
"We are thrilled to have a schedule and a clear path to have professional baseball back at The Joe in just a few short months," said RiverDogs president and general manager Dave Echols. "We've got a whole year of fun to make up for!"
The RiverDogs expect to release a full promotional calendar with game times soon, which will include fan-favorites such as Budweiser Thirsty Thursday, Boeing Red Shirt Friday with Rev Federal Credit Union Post-game Fireworks, and Holy City Family Sundays presented by MUSC Health.
This will mark the first time the 'Dogs have opened on a Tuesday home game. MLB instituted a more uniform schedule for 2021, meaning all series will run Tuesday through Sunday, with a league-wide off day on Mondays. Many of these changes reflect the new model for baseball's player development in the Minor Leagues.
The schedule introduces fans to the new Low-A East, which features some familiar foes and several new opponents who were previous members of the High-A Carolina League. At The Joe, fans will see longtime rivals in the Columbia Fireflies and Augusta GreenJackets, and welcome new opponents in the Myrtle Beach Pelicans, Down East (Kinston, N.C.) Wood Ducks, and Fayetteville (N.C.) Woodpeckers.
Ticket voucher plans are now available at riverdogs.com/tickets or by contacting the RiverDogs front office at 843-577-3647 (DOGS).
• Discuss this story on the Low-A East League message board...
Low-A East League Stories from February 18, 2021
- Wood Ducks to Play 120 Games in Inaguaral Low A East Season - Down East Wood Ducks
- We're Back, Hillcats Announce 2021 Schedule - Lynchburg Hillcats
- GreenJackets Announce 2021 Schedule - Augusta GreenJackets
- Woodpeckers Announce 2021 Season Schedule - Fayetteville Woodpeckers
- Delmarva Shorebirds Announce 2021 Schedule - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Pelicans 2021 Schedule Announced - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Mudcats Announce 2021 Season Schedule - Carolina Mudcats
- Cannon Ballers Set to Take Flight on May 4th - Kannapolis Cannon Ballers
- Fredericksburg Nationals Release 2021 Schedule - Fredericksburg Nationals
- May 4th Opening Night in RiverDogs 2021 Schedule - Charleston RiverDogs
- Fireflies Release 2021 Schedule & Game Times - Columbia Fireflies
- Salem Red Sox Announce 2021 Season Schedule - Salem Red Sox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Charleston RiverDogs Stories
- No Foolin', RiverDogs to Place Single-Game Tickets on Sale April 1
- RiverDogs Seeking to Fill Gameday Positions, Schedule Job Fair
- RiverDogs Set Game Times for 2021 Home Schedule
- MLB Announces Experimental Rules for 2021 MiLB Season
- RiverDogs Announce Dates for Youth Summer Camps