Pelicans 2021 Schedule Announced
MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (February 18, 2021) - The Myrtle Beach Pelicans, LowâA affiliate of the Chicago Cubs, are pleased to announce their 2021 schedule. The 120âgame schedule, developed by Major League Baseball, will run from May 4 to September 19. The Pelicans' home opener is scheduled for Tuesday, May 11 against the Augusta GreenJackets, LowâA affiliate of the Atlanta Braves. The team will also host the GreenJackets beginning September 14 in the final home series of 2021.
The season features 20 series split evenly between home and road trips. Each series is comprised of six games for a total of 60 contests at TicketReturn.Com Field and 60 on the road. Additionally, every series will begin on Tuesday and end on Sunday with each Monday serving as a leagueâwide offâday.
The summer months continue to encompass the bulk of the Pelicans home schedule with 42 of the 60 contests played in June (14), July (16), and August (12). With only one exception, the Pelicans play at least one game per calendar week in the Grand Strand from June to August. Additionally, holiday home games for the Birds include July 3â4 and Labor Day weekend.
As the Pelicans transition into the new Minor League system they will largely face opponents from within the South Division which includes the Charleston RiverDogs (Tampa Bay Rays), Columbia Fireflies (Kansas City Royals), and Augusta GreenJackets. 2021 travel will be regionalized as an added layer of player safety. For the first time in franchise history, the Pelicans are in a league that includes other teams from South Carolina.
New inâstate rivals the RiverDogs, Fireflies, and GreenJackets will surely bring an added level of excitement. Further information regarding health and safety protocols as they relate to fan attendance for the upcoming season will be made available in the coming weeks. The Pelicans will continue to follow the guidance of state and local agencies, as well as the directives of MLB as these policies and procedures are communicated to us. The team looks forward to sharing that information as it becomes available.
Late last week the Pelicans announced that they had officially accepted Major League Baseball's invitation to remain a Chicago Cubs affiliate in the new LowâA East League. That announcement was followed up on Monday with the release of the Pelicans' 2021 Field Staff which includes in the return of Buddy Bailey as manager.The 2021 season will be the 23rd for the Pelicans franchise and seventh as an affiliate of the Chicago Cubs.
Season memberships for the 2021 season are available now. For more information or to purchase your membership visit MyrtleBeachPelicans.com or call 843â918â6000.
• Discuss this story on the Low-A East League message board...
Low-A East League Stories from February 18, 2021
- Wood Ducks to Play 120 Games in Inaguaral Low A East Season - Down East Wood Ducks
- We're Back, Hillcats Announce 2021 Schedule - Lynchburg Hillcats
- GreenJackets Announce 2021 Schedule - Augusta GreenJackets
- Woodpeckers Announce 2021 Season Schedule - Fayetteville Woodpeckers
- Delmarva Shorebirds Announce 2021 Schedule - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Pelicans 2021 Schedule Announced - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Mudcats Announce 2021 Season Schedule - Carolina Mudcats
- Cannon Ballers Set to Take Flight on May 4th - Kannapolis Cannon Ballers
- Fredericksburg Nationals Release 2021 Schedule - Fredericksburg Nationals
- May 4th Opening Night in RiverDogs 2021 Schedule - Charleston RiverDogs
- Fireflies Release 2021 Schedule & Game Times - Columbia Fireflies
- Salem Red Sox Announce 2021 Season Schedule - Salem Red Sox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.