Mavs Monday - November 26
INDEPENDENCE, Mo. - The Kansas City Mavericks split a pair of divisional games last week, winning one at home and dropping one contest on the road.
Here's a look back at last week and a peek at the week to come in Mavericks hockey.
Last Week's Results
Friday, Nov. 23 - vs. Wichita, 4-2 - Postgame Snapshots
Sunday, Nov. 25 - at Tulsa, 2-3 - Postgame Snapshots
This Week's Schedule
Tuesday, Nov. 27 - at Wichita - 7:05 p.m.
Friday, Nov. 30 - vs. Tulsa - 7:05 p.m. - Tickets
Saturday, Dec. 1 - vs. Tulsa - 7:05 p.m. - Marvel Super Hero Night and Teddy Bear Toss - Tickets
Mountain Division Standings
1. Utah - 27 points - 12-2-3-0
2. Tulsa - 26 points - 11-2-2-2
3. Kansas City - 23 points - 11-3-1-0
4. Idaho - 21 points - 9-8-1-2
5. Rapid City - 19 points - 8-8-2-1
6. Wichita - 14 points - 5-8-3-1
7. Allen - 10 points - 4-13-0-2
Goals: Cooper (8), VanWormer/David Dziurzynski (7)
Assists: VanWormer (12), Cooper/Raskob (11)
Points: Cooper (19), VanWormer (19), Carzo (15)
Penalty Minutes: Fischer (28), David Dziurzynski/Sweeney (19)
Plus/Minus: VanWormer (+12), Cooper (+11), Ernst (+6)
Goals Against Average: McDonald (2.33), Schneider (2.72), Halford (3.34)
Save Percentage: McDonald (.910), Schneider (.907), Halford (.905)
Wins: McDonald (7), Schneider/Halford (2)
Wins Over Wichita: With another win over the Thunder on Friday, the Mavericks have raced out to a 4-1 series lead over the Thunder on the young season, three of those wins coming at home. Kansas City looks to regain the Independence Cup after dropping last year's series 5-4.
Home Sweet Home: The Mavericks enter this week as one of just two remaining unbeaten squads at home for the season, joined only by the Central Division-leading Toledo Walleye. Kansas City is a perfect 7-0 on the year at Silverstein Eye Centers Arena and will put that record on the line this weekend against Tulsa.
Durocher Streaking: It took Corey Durocher 14 games to crack the lineup, but he's made the most of his opportunity thus far with a goal and an assist in two games, operating at a point-per-game pace in a short sample size. The forward joined the Mavericks late last season and found immediate chemistry with Mark Cooper and Jared VanWormer but started this year with an injury that appears to have healed up.
Robertson's Stretch: Matt Robertson seems to have found his stride on the offensive end, coming into this week with four points (2g,2a) over the Mavericks' last three games dating back to last Saturday at Wichita. The forward had flashed strong scoring touch in previous seasons but was hampered by injuries, finishing the 2017-18 season as the KC leader in scoring per game.
This Week's Events and Promotions
Cyber Monday: Get 20-percent off a purchase of a Holiday 5-Pack, Monday only! Also visit the Mavericks' online team store to see discounted prices on Mavs merch!
Wednesday Coach's Show: Head coach John-Scott Dickson is joined by Darian and David Dziurzynski on Wednesday from 6-8 p.m. at The Blue Line! Be sure to come out for the show that will be hosted by Mavs Insider Joe Rozycki!
Corral Seats: The Corral is open for Friday's and Saturday's games against Tulsa. To get your $10 tickets, visit the Silverstein Eye Centers Arena box office - limited to in-person purchases only, limit eight tickets per purchase.
Family 4-Packs Friday: The best family entertainment deal in Kansas City - click here to get your bundle that includes four tickets, four hot dogs, four drinks and a FREE appetizer from Red Robin!
Iron Man Jersey Auction: Download the Handbid auction app to get your hands on the specialty Iron Man-themed jerseys that the Mavericks will wear on Saturday against Tulsa!
Teddy Bear Toss: Don't forget to bring a bear to Saturday's Teddy Bear Toss game against the Oilers, and be ready to throw your bears on the ice when the Mavericks light the lamp! The Mavericks offer a ticket package that includes a bear and a ticket, available here!
Mavs Photo Pass: Skip the line to get your picture taken with Iron Man to get your Mavs Photo Pass bundle!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 26, 2018
- Thunder Weekly, November 26th - Wichita Thunder
- 'Blades Weekly: Homestand Starts with Set against Stingrays - Florida Everblades
- Troy Josephs Recalled to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton - Wheeling Nailers
- Grizzlies Add Jack Walker to the Roster - Utah Grizzlies
- ECHL Transactions - November 26 - ECHL
- Royals Announce 4 Roster Moves - Reading Royals
- Garret Ross Recalled by Milwaukee - Atlanta Gladiators
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Hults Reassigned to Solar Bears from Crunch by Lightning - Orlando Solar Bears
- Four Games in Five Days for the Maine Mariners - Maine Mariners
- Americans Complete Deal with Fort Wayne - Allen Americans
- Wings Weekly - Kalamazoo Wings
- Komets Acquire Forward Jordan Sims from Greenville - Fort Wayne Komets
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Stingrays Weekly Report - November 26 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report, November 26 - Wheeling Nailers
- Steelheads Weekly - Idaho Steelheads
- Grizzlies Begin Road Trip Wednesday - Utah Grizzlies
- Thanksgiving Week Yields Six Points for Komets, Walleye Visit Friday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 7 (November 19-25, 2018) - Indy Fuel
- Bring a Teddy to the Game - Toledo Walleye
- Royals Weekly - Reading Royals
- Mavs Monday - November 26 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - November 26 - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.