Mavs Add Rookie D-Man Ryan Cook
INDEPENDENCE, Mo. - The Kansas City Mavericks announced Tuesday the club has signed defenseman Ryan Cook to a Standard Player Contract (SPC) for the 2020-21 season.
Cook, a six-foot-three 220-pound native of Lancaster, New York joins KC after an impressive senior season with Niagara University. In 26 games with the Purple Eagles in his senior season, Cook had five points on three goals and two assists and a plus-four plus-minus rating.
"He is a rugged, tough and talented d-man with excellent size," Mavericks Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations Tad O'Had said, "He can hit like a truck, has soft hands, a hard shot and is willing to challenge and make opponents' lives very difficult in the defensive zone. He was a great addition at Niagara University and we believe Cook possesses the abilities and character traits for an exciting professional career."
Before transferring to Niagara for his senior year, Cook spent three seasons at Merrimack College. In 73 games for Merrimack, Cook posted eight points on three goals and five assists.
The Kansas City Mavericks return to the ice this fall. The Mavericks will open the 2020-21 regular season against the Tulsa Oilers on Saturday, October 17 at 7:05 p.m. at Cable Dahmer Arena. Reserve your spot now with season tickets. Single game tickets will go on sale at a later date. To purchase season tickets, visit kcmavericks.com or call 816-252-7825.
Images from this story
Defenseman Ryan Cook with Niagara University
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from July 21, 2020
- Defenseman Cody Corbett Signed for 20-21 Season - Allen Americans
- F Hodgson Back in Reading Following Career Year - Reading Royals
- Allen Americans Welcome Sikes-Gilbert as Director of Finance: Internal Operations - Allen Americans
- Mavs Add Rookie D-Man Ryan Cook - Kansas City Mavericks
- Gorsuch Returns To The Pond - Toledo Walleye
- Defenseman Tim Shoup Re-Signs with the Fuel - Indy Fuel
- Glads Add Two Newcomers from Overseas - Atlanta Gladiators
- Forward Ara Nazarian Returns to Thunder on ECHL Deal - Adirondack Thunder
- Worcester Railers HC Sign Rookie Forward Brennan Feasey for 2020-21 Season - Worcester Railers HC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- Mavericks Sign Veteran Forward Anthony Collins
- Kansas City Mavericks Blood Drive to Benefit Local Patients
- Mavericks Announce First Portion of 2020-21 Regular Season Schedule
- Mavericks Bring on Rookie Winger Anthony Rinaldi for 2020-21
- ECHL Confirms Start Date for 2020-21 Season