Defenseman Tim Shoup Re-Signs with the Fuel
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indy Fuel, proud ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Chicago Blackhawks and the AHL's Rockford IceHogs announced Tuesday that they have re-signed defenseman Tim Shoup to a standard player contract for the 2020-21 season.
Shoup, 25, first signed with the Fuel ahead of the 2019-20 season after spending the 2018-19 season with the Manchester Monarchs. Skating in 30 games for Indy during the 2019-20 campaign, the 6-foot, 190-pound defenseman tallied three goals, seven assists and four penalty minutes. Entering his third professional season, Shoup has appeared in 73 ECHL games, earning five goals, 18 assists and 13 penalty minutes.
A native of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Shoup spent four years at Dartmouth College before signing his first professional contract. Playing in 107 NCAA contests for the Big Green, Shoup earned seven goals, 18 assists and 73 penalty minutes, eventually serving as an alternate captain during his senior season. Prior to his collegiate career, Shoup helped the USHL's Indiana Ice to the 2013-14 Clark Championship. Shoup is the second player signed by the Fuel this season to have played for the Clark Cup Champions in 2013-14.
Full season and half-season ticket plans are now on sale for the Fuel's 7th season at Indiana Farmers Coliseum! Lock up your seat for every second of the action at Indiana Farmers Coliseum with a Fuel Ticket Plan - grab yours by heading to IndyFuelHockey.com or by calling the Fuel front office at 317-925-FUEL. Don't forget to follow the Fuel on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (IndyFuel) for news, updates, contests and much more throughout the 2020-21 season.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from July 21, 2020
- Defenseman Cody Corbett Signed for 20-21 Season - Allen Americans
- F Hodgson Back in Reading Following Career Year - Reading Royals
- Allen Americans Welcome Sikes-Gilbert as Director of Finance: Internal Operations - Allen Americans
- Mavs Add Rookie D-Man Ryan Cook - Kansas City Mavericks
- Gorsuch Returns To The Pond - Toledo Walleye
- Defenseman Tim Shoup Re-Signs with the Fuel - Indy Fuel
- Glads Add Two Newcomers from Overseas - Atlanta Gladiators
- Forward Ara Nazarian Returns to Thunder on ECHL Deal - Adirondack Thunder
- Worcester Railers HC Sign Rookie Forward Brennan Feasey for 2020-21 Season - Worcester Railers HC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.