Mavericks Sign Jeff MacDermid, Waive Schwartzbauer
INDEPENDENCE, Missouri - Missouri Mavericks' Head Coach Scott Hillman announced today the Central Hockey League (CHL) club has signed forward Jeff MacDermid and waived defenseman Nathan Schwartzbauer.
MacDermid, 25 (3/1/84), played the first four games of the season with the CHL's Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs and notched one goal. The 5-foot-10, 190-pound forward played his rookie season last year with the Oklahoma City Blazers and had 31 points (12-19=31) in 58 games played. The Sauble Beach, Ontario native played two full seasons of junior hockey with the Owen Sound Attack and four seasons with the University of Prince Edward Island prior to turning pro. MacDermid will wear jersey #12 with the Mavericks.
Schwartzbauer, 27 (5/4/82), played two games with Missouri before being waived.
Mavericks' single-game tickets are now on sale at the box office at Independence Events Center. Box office hours are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday and at 10 a.m. on Saturday game days. Tickets start at just $12 and are still available for opening weekend. Visit www.MissouriMavericks.com for more information.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from November 9, 2009
- Shots From The Point - CHL
- RiverKings Report - Mississippi RiverKings
- Mavericks Sign Jeff MacDermid, Waive Schwartzbauer - Kansas City Mavericks
- Odessa's Philippe Plante and Laredo's Jean-Philippe Levasseur Earn Weekly Awards - CHL
- Bucks' Levassuer Wins Weekly CHL Award - Laredo Bucks
- Mavericks Weekly: Home Opener Friday Night - Kansas City Mavericks
- Bucks Start Homestand Wednesday - Laredo Bucks
- Eagles' Annual Military Appreciation Night This Wednesday - Colorado Eagles
- Mudbugs Weekly - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Chris Bartolone Guests On Arizona Sundogs Coaches Show Tomorrow - Arizona Sundogs
- Sundogs Notes - Arizona Sundogs
- Thunder Weekly - Wichita Thunder
- Colorado Eagles Week In Review - Colorado Eagles
- Oilers Home For Two - Tulsa Oilers
- Jackalopes Weekly Update - Odessa Jackalopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- Mavericks Erase Two-Goal, Third Period Deficit in Shootout Win
- Game Day Report: Mavericks Look to Bounce Back at Wichita
- Mavs' Win Streak Snapped at Seven
- Game Day Report: Mavericks, Thunder Continue Three-Game Set Friday
- Mavericks, Thunder Announce Salvation Army Kettle Challenge