Mavericks Sign Forward Lindsay Sparks
Independence, MO (Nov. 3, 2014) - The Missouri Mavericks announced on Monday afternoon that the club has signed forward Lindsay Sparks.
The former University of Michigan star began the season in Cincinnati, before being acquired by the Mavericks. The 24-year-old played in 43 games last season in the ECHL splitting time with South Carolina and Greenville combining to score seven goals with 14 assists. He played three games in Fort Wayne (ECHL) at the end of the 2012-13 season where he had a pair of helpers.
The Oakville, Ontario native played four seasons in Ann Arbor dressing in 83 games with the Wolverines. He finished his collegiate career with 17 goals and 18 assists.
The Mavericks conclude their season-opening road trip on Tuesday night in Tulsa and then play their home opener on Saturday against Rapid City.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 3, 2014
- ECHL Transactions - November 3 - ECHL
- Forward Corey Trivino Returns to Everblades - Florida Everblades
- Reign Unveil 4 for $44 Game-And-Meal Deal - Ontario Reign
- K-Wings to Take to the Party to Red Mango - Kalamazoo Wings
- Jackals Weekly - Elmira Jackals
- Thunder Weekly - Wichita Thunder
- K-Wings Weekly - Kalamazoo Wings
- Mavericks Sign Forward Lindsay Sparks - Kansas City Mavericks
- Carson McMillan Assigned to Orlando - Orlando Solar Bears
- Dirk Southern Announces Retirement from Professional Hockey - Evansville IceMen
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report - Wheeling Nailers
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Stingrays to Unveil 5th Annual Hockey Heroes for Epilepsy Jersey on Thursday - South Carolina Stingrays
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - Tulsa Oilers
- Frozen Times: The IceMen Weekly Recap - Evansville IceMen
- 'This Is Your Captain Speaking'...So Radio Recon Better Sit Up Straight and Listen - Reading Royals
- Bowman and Vause Earn AMI Graphics ECHL Plus Performers of the Month - Colorado Eagles
- Colorado's Bowman, Vause Share AMI Graphics ECHL Plus Performer of the Month Award - ECHL
- Road Warriors Weekly: Week 3 - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Five straight wins have Steelheads on top of the Pacific - ECHL
- Grizzlies in California this Weekend, Back Home for Veterans Day - Utah Grizzlies
- Komets Split Weekend Series with Kalamazoo; Skate at Reading this Weekend - Fort Wayne Komets
- Cyclones Weekly - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Walleye Weekly - Toledo Walleye
- Allen Americans Weekly Update - Allen Americans
- Fuel earn three of four points in home-and-home weekend series vs. Evansville IceMen - Indy Fuel
- What's the Rush - Rapid City Rush
- Stingrays Players and Staff to Participate in Movember - South Carolina Stingrays
- Stingrays Weekly: 2x2 Tuesday, Friday Family Four Packs and Youth Jersey Giveaway Highlight Week Ahe - South Carolina Stingrays
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- Mavericks, Thunder Announce Salvation Army Kettle Challenge
- Mavericks Clinch Best Start in Team History with Seventh-Straight Win
- Game Day Report: Mavericks Face Thunder in Kids Day Game Clash
- Mavericks, Mariners Announce Future Considerations Trade
- Mavs Monday Report: November 12