Mavericks Make Roster Moves; Clemente Re-Assigned to Missouri
INDEPENDENCE, Missouri - The Missouri Mavericks announced Monday the Central Hockey League (CHL) team has been re-assigned goaltender Mike Clemente from the American Hockey League's (AHL) Springfield Falcons. Missouri also traded forward Derek Leblanc to the Arizona Sundogs in exchange for future considerations, and the Mavericks also waived goaltender Austin Lee. The Mavericks are back in action at Independence Events Center this Friday and Saturday, Nov. 9 and 10.
Clemente, the CHL's reigning rookie of the month had been recalled by Springfield on Nov. 1, is 2-0-1 with a .910 save percentage and a 3.01 goals-against average in three games with the Mavericks in 2012-2013. He participated in six games with the Falcons at the end of 2011-2012 after completing his four-year career at Brown University (NCAA, D-I). With Springfield, Clemente went 2-1-0 with a .930 save percentage, a 1.99 goals-against average, and a shutout. From 2008 to 2012 at Brown, Clemente posted a 32-54-14 record to go along with a .908 save percentage, a 3.03 goals-against average and three shutouts in 107 outings. The 22-year-old set a career high at Brown of 12 wins in his sophomore season of 2009-2010 and secured four-year bests in save percentage (.930) and goals-against average (2.67) in his freshman campaign of 2008-2009.
Leblanc finished with two assists in seven games with the Mavericks, and Lee played in two games finishing with a 0-0-1 record, 5.46 goals-against average and .826 save percentage. Missouri is now compliant with the CHL-mandated 19-man active roster limit.
Tickets for all 33 regular season games on are sale now via Ticketmaster. For more information on the Missouri Mavericks visit www.MissouriMavericks.com .
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from November 5, 2012
- Shots from the Point for November 5, 2012 - CHL
- Mavericks Make Roster Moves; Clemente Re-Assigned to Missouri - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Bloomington's David Gilbert Named Oakley CHL Player of the Week - CHL
- Blaze Weekly; Gilbert Named Player of the Week - Bloomington Blaze
- Thunder Weekly - Wichita Thunder
- Oilers Weekly News and Notes - Tulsa Oilers
- Allen Americans Weekly - Allen Americans
- Tulsa's Gary Steffes Leads Oakley Three Stars for October - CHL
- Cutthroats Players Join Annual Movember Campaign - Denver Cutthroats
- Cutthroats Weekly Update - Denver Cutthroats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- Mavericks Erase Two-Goal, Third Period Deficit in Shootout Win
- Game Day Report: Mavericks Look to Bounce Back at Wichita
- Mavs' Win Streak Snapped at Seven
- Game Day Report: Mavericks, Thunder Continue Three-Game Set Friday
- Mavericks, Thunder Announce Salvation Army Kettle Challenge