Mavericks Kellen Jones Called up to AHL
INDEPENDENCE, MO (Nov. 23, 2015)- The Missouri Mavericks announced Monday afternoon that forward Kellen Jones has been called up to the Bakersfield Condors of the American Hockey League (AHL).
Through sixteen (16) games in a Mavericks sweater, Jones has registered seventeen (17) points (4G,13A), and leads Missouri in assists. Jones is currently tied for fifth in the ECHL amongst other top scorers.
The Montrose, British Columbia native was signed to a standard player contact with the Mavericks in September ahead of the 2015-16 ECHL season. Jones has already put in significant AHL playing time, appearing in sixty-three (63) games with the Oklahoma City Barons (then of the AHL) in the 2013-14 and 2014-15 seasons. This is not Jones' first trip to Bakersfield, California, as the 5'10" forward spent twenty-seven (27) games with the Condors (then of the ECHL) last season.
The Mavericks also announced Monday afternoon that rookie forward John Schiavo has been activated and that rookie left winger Scott Allen has been traded to the Norfolk Admirals (ECHL), completing the future considerations element of the trade that brought defenseman Alex Lepkowski to the Mavericks on Nov. 10th.
The Mavs play their next three games at home, pairing up against the Quad City Mallards on Nov. 25, and the Indy Fuel on Nov. 27 and Nov. 28 at Silvertstein Eye Centers Arena.
Take a turkey break and spend Thanksgiving with the Missouri Mavericks! Pepsi Family 4-Packs make it easy to treat your family to a night of Mavs hockey with 4 tickets, 4 hot dogs, 4 Pepsi products, and 1 Red Robin appetizer (coupon)-- starting at just $84! Friday, Nov. 27 and Saturday, Nov. 28 are BOTH Family 4-Pack games, tickets are available online at TicketMaster.com and in-person at the Silverstein Eye Centers Arena box office.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 23, 2015
- Comeback Falls Short in 4-3 Loss to Atlanta - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Atlanta Gets 4-3 Road Win in Greenville - Atlanta Gladiators
- Monarchs Weekly Preview - Manchester Monarchs
- Radio Recon's Ready for Take Two...(But, Just in Case, We Better Have An Ambulance at the Ready) - Reading Royals
- Admirals Announce Roster Moves Ahead of Homestand - Norfolk Admirals
- Thunder Weekly - Wichita Thunder
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Mavericks Kellen Jones Called up to AHL - Kansas City Mavericks
- Swamp Rabbits Deal Alberga to Komets - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- ECHL Transactions - November 23 - ECHL
- Cyclones Weekly - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Allen Americans Weekly Update - Allen Americans
- Adirondack Thunder Announce Adirondack Hockey Hall of Fame Nominees - Adirondack Thunder
- Jackals Weekly - Elmira Jackals
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report - Wheeling Nailers
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - Tulsa Oilers
- Strong start has Mavericks on top of league - ECHL
- Colorado Eagles Weekly Snapshot - Colorado Eagles
- Division Leading Grizzlies Host Allen Friday, Saturday - Utah Grizzlies
- Langhamer Returns - Rapid City Rush
- Royals Acquire Goaltender Adam Morrison - Reading Royals
- Preview: Swamp Rabbits Face Gladiators on Monday Night - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Komets Home for Pair of Holiday Games - Fort Wayne Komets
- ECHL Today - November 23 - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- Mavericks, Thunder Announce Salvation Army Kettle Challenge
- Mavericks Clinch Best Start in Team History with Seventh-Straight Win
- Game Day Report: Mavericks Face Thunder in Kids Day Game Clash
- Mavericks, Mariners Announce Future Considerations Trade
- Mavs Monday Report: November 12