Komets Home for Pair of Holiday Games
Fort Wayne, IN - The Komets were 1-2-0 for the three games played during week six to gain two points and finish at 7-7-0 and 14 points after 14 games. The Komets enter week seven holding fourth place in the Midwest Division of the Western Conference and trail first-place Cincinnati by six points.
Friday the Komets earned their second straight win over the Kalamazoo Wings in front of a home crowd of 7,664 at the Memorial Coliseum. Cody Corbett netted his first goal of the season while on the power play. Kyle Thomas scored his fourth goal and second game winner of the season while Mike Embach took the Komets scoring lead with his sixth tally of the season to seal the 3-1 victory. Netminder Pat Nagle earned his fifth win of the campaign in his fourth straight start stopping 26 of 27 shots.
Saturday the Komets were turned back at Toledo 6-4. The Komets were 2/3 on the power play and have scored power play goals in nine of the last 10 games. Garrett Meurs posted his first three-point game of the year scoring a power play marker and adding two assists. Brett Perlini registered his first two-goal outing while Cody Corbett added a power play goal. Goaltender Adam Morrison suffered the loss in his first Fort Wayne start allowing five goals on 18 shots before giving way to Pat Nagle who entered the game in relief at 6:14 of the second period. Nagle stopped all eight shots faced in relief.
Sunday the Komets suffered their first shutout of the season falling 2-0 at Brampton and extended their road winless skid to three games. Nagle fell to 5-4-0 making 27 saves on 29 shots in his sixth straight appearance.
Komet leaders-- Mike Embach leads with six goals and 13 points.....Drew Daniels, on call-up to Utica of the AHL, leads with nine assists.....Daniels and Jordon Southorn lead with +9.....Cody Sol leads with 41 penalty minutes.
Absenteeism list-- The Komets have four players on the injured reserve list including Alex Belzile (11/1), Shawn Szydlowski (11/8), Peter Sivak (11/17) and Reid Halabi (11/18). Defenseman Drew Daniels is on call-up to Utica and has appeared in two of four AHL games with the Comets.
THE WEEK AHEAD
Komets (7-7-0, 14 points) at Cincinnati Cyclones (9-3-2, 20 points) Wednesday, 7:35pm-- The Komets will begin a holiday week of three games in four nights when they skate at Cincinnati Wednesday night. The Komets trail the rival Cyclones in the Midwest Division by six points. It will be the second of seven trips to Cincy after the Komets fell 3-1 Nov. 11 at U.S. Bank Arena (6,955). The Cyclones are 4-1-1 in their last six games and are coming off a 4-3 shootout win against Orlando Saturday night.
Cincinnati Cyclones at Komets Thursday, 7:30pm-- The Komets will host the Cyclones on Thanksgiving night to complete the brief home-and-home holiday series. It's the second of three visits by Cincinnati. The Clones took a 5-1 win out of Fort Wayne Halloween night in the first meeting of the season. It will be the 55th Komet home Thanksgiving game in the 64-year history of the team. Last year the Komets clipped Indy 2-1 in a shootout to improve to 34-16-4 on Turkey Night in Fort Wayne.
Toledo Walleye (7-5-3, 17 points) at Komets Saturday, 7:30pm-- The Komets will complete the week hosting Toledo Saturday at 7:30pm. It's the third of nine meetings this season with the series even at 1-1-0. The Walleye are an unbeaten 3-0-2 in their last five games after upending the Komets Saturday night at Toledo 6-4 in their last time out. The Walleye host Brampton Friday before traveling to Fort Wayne Saturday.
REPORT CARD NIGHT #1 Saturday-- The Komets will have two PHP Report Card Nights again this year. Students with an "A" or "A Equivalent" on their most recent report card earn a free ticket and have a chance to win a $1,000 U.S. Savings Bonds for future education on Report Card nights. The first is this Saturday, Nov. 28 when the Komets host the Toledo Walleye at 7:30pm. Report Card Night #2 is slated for Saturday, Feb. 6 when the Komets host the Quad City Mallards.
Komets play to win for the American Kidney Fund-- Komet forward Mike Embach is looking for CauseMates to help those afflicted with kidney disease. In December the Komets host eight home games and will be accepting pledges for every home game the Komets win during the month. Embach's mother Cindy is affected with stage five kidney disease and the Komets ask for the support of all fans in the fight against kidney disease. Please visit http://www.causemates.com/MikeEmbach and help the Komets win for Cindy Embach and all those affected with kidney disease.
Get your tickets early-- Tickets for Komet home games are on sale at the Coliseum Ticket Office and online at TicketMaster.com. Discounted Group tickets are also on sale for all Komet home games at the Komet office at 1010 Memorial Way. Call the 260-483-0011 or visit komets.com for more information.
Komets on the air-- Komet games are scheduled to be aired on WOWO AM 1190 and FM 92.3 as Bob Chase broadcasts Komet hockey play-by-play for his 63rd consecutive season. All Komet radio broadcasts can also be heard worldwide as presented by Omni Source Radio Recycle at www.komets.com. This Saturday's home game against Toledo will be broadcast on ESPN Radio AM 1380 due to conflicting programming at WOWO Radio.
Soundoff With The Komets continues this year on 21Alive in Fort Wayne. The 30-minute live telecast is hosted by Tommy Schoegler from SportOne/Parkview IceHouse each Monday night at 7:30 throughout the season. Tonight's guest will be defenseman Cody Sol.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 23, 2015
- Comeback Falls Short in 4-3 Loss to Atlanta - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Atlanta Gets 4-3 Road Win in Greenville - Atlanta Gladiators
- Monarchs Weekly Preview - Manchester Monarchs
- Radio Recon's Ready for Take Two...(But, Just in Case, We Better Have An Ambulance at the Ready) - Reading Royals
- Admirals Announce Roster Moves Ahead of Homestand - Norfolk Admirals
- Thunder Weekly - Wichita Thunder
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Mavericks Kellen Jones Called up to AHL - Kansas City Mavericks
- Swamp Rabbits Deal Alberga to Komets - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- ECHL Transactions - November 23 - ECHL
- Cyclones Weekly - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Allen Americans Weekly Update - Allen Americans
- Adirondack Thunder Announce Adirondack Hockey Hall of Fame Nominees - Adirondack Thunder
- Jackals Weekly - Elmira Jackals
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report - Wheeling Nailers
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - Tulsa Oilers
- Strong start has Mavericks on top of league - ECHL
- Colorado Eagles Weekly Snapshot - Colorado Eagles
- Division Leading Grizzlies Host Allen Friday, Saturday - Utah Grizzlies
- Langhamer Returns - Rapid City Rush
- Royals Acquire Goaltender Adam Morrison - Reading Royals
- Preview: Swamp Rabbits Face Gladiators on Monday Night - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Komets Home for Pair of Holiday Games - Fort Wayne Komets
- ECHL Today - November 23 - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fort Wayne Komets Stories
- Komets Ground Wings in Season Opener 5-2; Wheeling Visits Friday, Walleye Invade Saturday
- Komets Launch 68th Season Saturday; Arich Rival Wings Visit for Opener
- Komets Make Roster Moves
- Komets Open 2019 Training Camp
- Komets Ink Two-Time Kelly Cup Champ St. Amant