Wichita, KS - Wichita is coming off a two-game set this past weekend against two of their biggest rivals. Read about the week that was right here:
LAST WEEK'S GAMES -
Friday, November 20th
Allen at Wichita, 3-0 L
-Despite unloading a season-high 44 shots, Allen got a shutout performance from Riley Gill for the 3-0 victory.
Saturday, November 21st
Missouri at Wichita, 5-2 L
-Missouri scored three first-period goals before the Thunder cut the lead to one. The Mavericks pulled away, scoring the next two and won 5-2.
THIS WEEK'S GAMES -
Wednesday, November 25th
Indy at Wichita, 7:05 p.m., online stream only at mixlr.com. Search Wichita Thunder.
-$1 Beer and Country Night
Friday, November 27th
Wichita at Tulsa, 7:05 p.m., online stream only at mixlr.com. Search Wichita Thunder. Watch the game at Pucks Sports Bar, located at the Wichita Ice Center.
Saturday, November 28th
Tulsa at Wichita, 7:05 p.m., online stream only at mixlr.com. Search Wichita Thunder.
-Toys 4 Tots, presented by McDonald's
**Pre-game begins 15 minutes prior to start of all games. All games can be heard on www.wichitathunder.com or on your smart phone with the UStream App using the keyword Wichita Thunder**
Last 10: 2-7-0-1
Rank: 4th place Central Division, 11 points
Goals: Sakaris, Baptista, Lowe, 4
Assists: Sakaris, 7
Points: Sakaris, 11 (4g, 7a)
+/-: Huff, Baptista, +3
PIM: Peckham, 37
SEASON-HIGHS - Wichita set a new season high in shots in a game (44) and shots in a period (21) on Friday night. Riley Gill was up to the task, shutting out the Thunder on Friday night.
FRENCH CONNECTION - Peter Sakaris added an assist on Saturday and continues to lead the team in points with 11. In his last five games, Sakaris has collected four points (1g, 3a). Danick Gauthier recorded his first goal of the season on Saturday, receiving a pass in front from Sakaris.
CAREER-HIGHS - Andy Huff returned to the line-up on Saturday night, scoring the Thunder's first goal of the game. The Howell, Michigan native has already set new career highs in goals (3) and points (9).
SOLID SHANTZ - David Shantz ranks 10th in the league in saves (263) and 12th in minutes played (565). The Hamilton, ON native also has a 2.76 goals-against average and a .910 saver percentage.
FINDING OFFENSE - Wichita has scored 31 goals this year. 14 of those have come in the first period. When leading after the first period, the Thunder is 1-1-0-1 this season.
TOP HEAVY - Wichita has played 16 games so far this season. The Thunder has played Missouri seven times and Allen twice, who are the top two teams in the division. Outside of those two opponents, Wichita is 5-2-0-0 on the season.
MILESTONES - Ian Lowe is nearing several milestones. He needs one more point to hit 100 playing in the ECHL. He needs 19 more games to have played in 300 as a pro. He also needs eight more points to hit the 200 point plateau. The 5th year pro out of Bradwardine, BC is currently in his fourth season in the Air Capital. 157 of his 192 points have come donning Thunder blue.
THUNDERBOLTS...Peter Sakaris leads the team in shots with 39...Eric Springer made his Thunder debut last weekend, getting an assist on Saturday night... Wichita is 3-0-0-1 when leading after two...Wichita is 3-3-0-0 when tied after one...Wichita is 4-3-0-1 in one goal games...
Wichita returns home on Wednesday night as the Indy Fuel make their first ever trip to INTRUST Bank Arena. Wednesday night is also $1 Beer and Country Night. Wear your best country attire and have a chance at some great prizes, including two tickets to the PBR event at INTRUST Bank Arena.
Individual tickets for all games are on sale now. Tickets can be purchased at the INTRUST Arena Box office, by calling 855-755-SEAT or go online at www.selectaseat.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 23, 2015
- Comeback Falls Short in 4-3 Loss to Atlanta - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Atlanta Gets 4-3 Road Win in Greenville - Atlanta Gladiators
- Monarchs Weekly Preview - Manchester Monarchs
- Radio Recon's Ready for Take Two...(But, Just in Case, We Better Have An Ambulance at the Ready) - Reading Royals
- Admirals Announce Roster Moves Ahead of Homestand - Norfolk Admirals
- Thunder Weekly - Wichita Thunder
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Mavericks Kellen Jones Called up to AHL - Kansas City Mavericks
- Swamp Rabbits Deal Alberga to Komets - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- ECHL Transactions - November 23 - ECHL
- Cyclones Weekly - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Allen Americans Weekly Update - Allen Americans
- Adirondack Thunder Announce Adirondack Hockey Hall of Fame Nominees - Adirondack Thunder
- Jackals Weekly - Elmira Jackals
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report - Wheeling Nailers
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - Tulsa Oilers
- Strong start has Mavericks on top of league - ECHL
- Colorado Eagles Weekly Snapshot - Colorado Eagles
- Division Leading Grizzlies Host Allen Friday, Saturday - Utah Grizzlies
- Langhamer Returns - Rapid City Rush
- Royals Acquire Goaltender Adam Morrison - Reading Royals
- Preview: Swamp Rabbits Face Gladiators on Monday Night - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Komets Home for Pair of Holiday Games - Fort Wayne Komets
- ECHL Today - November 23 - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.