Division Leading Grizzlies Host Allen Friday, Saturday
The Grizzlies enter the week at 9-5-2-0 and in first place in the West Division by four points over second place Rapid City after taking three of six standings points in South Dakota last week.
This weekend will feature two of the top four teams in the Western Conference in Utah and Allen (12-6). The two teams will meet next weekend in Texas as well as Utah starts three of their next four games against the Americans.
Best Start Since 2011-2012
At 9-5-2-0, the Grizzlies equal their best start since 2011-2012, when they started 10-6.
Leading The League
Grizzlies goaltender Ryan Faragher enters the week at 9-1-1-0 and tied for the ECHL lead with nine wins.
Top Goaltender Showdown
Allen goaltender Joel Rumpel is tied with Faragher for the league-lead in wins as the two teams meet again Friday and Saturday at Maverik Center. Faragher did not play due to illness when Allen visited Utah in October.
5th In The League
The Grizzlies enter the week leading the West Division and ranked fifth in the 28-team ECHL in attendance; averaging 5,189 fans-per-game through seven home contests.
Another Shorthanded Goal
With Jon Puskar's shorthanded goal Wednesday, the Grizzlies remain in second place in the ECHL with four shorthanded goals, one behind Orlando.
Another Player Stepping Up
With four forwards injured and playing the week with five players in the AHL, the Grizzlies continue to find new contributors. Torin Snydeman has two goals and two assists in the first five games of his professional career after recently being acquired from Orlando. Jon Puskar had one goal and one assist in three games in Rapid City over the weekend.
The Grizzlies return this weekend starting Friday. It's Black Friday and the Maverik Center box office will have ticket specials for the game starting at $5 while supplies last beginning Friday at 10 a.m.
Saturday is the first post-game skate with the Grizzlies of the season. The skate is free, skate rental is $2 if you don't bring your own skates.
Grizzlies ticket packages start at $30 for three games and can be purchased by calling (801) 988-8000. Full season ticket packages include: free parking, concession discounts, exclusive events with the team and more.
On The Radio
-The Grizzlies Minute has the latest news of the day every day just after 5:20 p.m. during "Gunther and Ben in the Afternoon" on 1320 KFAN.
-Head Coach Tim Branham makes his weekly appearance on 1320 KFAN every Friday at 9:05 a.m.
-"Voice of the Grizzlies" Adrian Denny joins Gunther and Ben every Friday at 3:30 p.m. during the "Wasatch Whiparound"
-All Grizzlies games are broadcasted live on 1320 KFAN/.com/app and ECHL.tv.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 23, 2015
- Comeback Falls Short in 4-3 Loss to Atlanta - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Atlanta Gets 4-3 Road Win in Greenville - Atlanta Gladiators
- Monarchs Weekly Preview - Manchester Monarchs
- Radio Recon's Ready for Take Two...(But, Just in Case, We Better Have An Ambulance at the Ready) - Reading Royals
- Admirals Announce Roster Moves Ahead of Homestand - Norfolk Admirals
- Thunder Weekly - Wichita Thunder
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Mavericks Kellen Jones Called up to AHL - Kansas City Mavericks
- Swamp Rabbits Deal Alberga to Komets - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- ECHL Transactions - November 23 - ECHL
- Cyclones Weekly - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Allen Americans Weekly Update - Allen Americans
- Adirondack Thunder Announce Adirondack Hockey Hall of Fame Nominees - Adirondack Thunder
- Jackals Weekly - Elmira Jackals
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report - Wheeling Nailers
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - Tulsa Oilers
- Strong start has Mavericks on top of league - ECHL
- Colorado Eagles Weekly Snapshot - Colorado Eagles
- Division Leading Grizzlies Host Allen Friday, Saturday - Utah Grizzlies
- Langhamer Returns - Rapid City Rush
- Royals Acquire Goaltender Adam Morrison - Reading Royals
- Preview: Swamp Rabbits Face Gladiators on Monday Night - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Komets Home for Pair of Holiday Games - Fort Wayne Komets
- ECHL Today - November 23 - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.