Admirals Announce Roster Moves Ahead of Homestand
NORFOLK, Va. - The Norfolk Admirals announce several roster moves today, including the release of three players signed in the last week as well as two players from the Missouri Mavericks.
The Admirals received forward Scott Allen and the rights to forward Connor Jones as a part of the deal over the summer that sent Sebastien Sylvestre to the Mavericks. Allen, 25, finished a four-year career at the University of Alaska-Anchorage last season, and subsequently played his first nine games as a pro with the Colorado Eagles. The 6-foot-3, 198-pounder out of Edmonton recorded his first professional assist and point with Colorado, and has two goals and two helpers through five games this season with Missouri.
Jones, 25, is a 5-foot-9 and 176-pound attacker from Montrose, B.C. who is currently on the Bridgeport Sound Tigers' roster in the American Hockey League (AHL). Jones has not scored in seven games for Bridgeport, but logged four goals and 10 points in 46 career previous AHL games with Oklahoma City. He has yet to suit up in an ECHL contest in 2015-16, but put up 10-16& points with Bakersfield last season over 27 games.
As for the past week, Norfolk added several players, including goaltender Tyler Beskorowany and forwards Thomas Gobeil, Christophe Lalonde, Peter MacIntyre, Steve Mele and Quinn Smith. While MacIntyre and Smith remain with the Admirals, Gobeil, Lalonde and Mele have been released. Beskorowany was recalled by Springfield (AHL).
Gobeil, 21, appeared in four games with the Admirals, including his professional debut, but did not register a point. Lalonde, 21, participated in three games without a point. Mele, 26, skated in four contests and did not enter the scoresheet.
Beskorowany, 25, went 0-2-0 in three games for Norfolk and accumulated a 2.78 goals-against average and .927 save percentage.
The Admirals return home on Wednesday, November 25, for a four-game homestand. Family Fun Packs and $10 Student Rush tickets are available at the Scope Box Office on game day. Those interested in purchasing Student Rush admission should bring a valid college or high school ID to the box office after 2 p.m. on game day. Individual tickets are also available for purchase at the Scope Box Office, ticketmaster.com, and charge-by-phone at 1-800-745-3000.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 23, 2015
- Comeback Falls Short in 4-3 Loss to Atlanta - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Atlanta Gets 4-3 Road Win in Greenville - Atlanta Gladiators
- Monarchs Weekly Preview - Manchester Monarchs
- Radio Recon's Ready for Take Two...(But, Just in Case, We Better Have An Ambulance at the Ready) - Reading Royals
- Admirals Announce Roster Moves Ahead of Homestand - Norfolk Admirals
- Thunder Weekly - Wichita Thunder
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Mavericks Kellen Jones Called up to AHL - Kansas City Mavericks
- Swamp Rabbits Deal Alberga to Komets - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- ECHL Transactions - November 23 - ECHL
- Cyclones Weekly - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Allen Americans Weekly Update - Allen Americans
- Adirondack Thunder Announce Adirondack Hockey Hall of Fame Nominees - Adirondack Thunder
- Jackals Weekly - Elmira Jackals
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report - Wheeling Nailers
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - Tulsa Oilers
- Strong start has Mavericks on top of league - ECHL
- Colorado Eagles Weekly Snapshot - Colorado Eagles
- Division Leading Grizzlies Host Allen Friday, Saturday - Utah Grizzlies
- Langhamer Returns - Rapid City Rush
- Royals Acquire Goaltender Adam Morrison - Reading Royals
- Preview: Swamp Rabbits Face Gladiators on Monday Night - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Komets Home for Pair of Holiday Games - Fort Wayne Komets
- ECHL Today - November 23 - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.