(RAPID CITY, SD) - The Arizona Coyotes, NHL affiliate of the Rapid City Rush, have announced that rookie goaltender Marek Langhamer has been re-assigned back to the Rush for this week's slate of games against the Idaho Steelheads.
Langhamer, a 21 year-old rookie from Moravska Trebova, Czech Republic, made history on Saturday by becoming the first player in Rapid City Rush history to make it to the NHL. He served as a backup to Anders Lindback, who stopped 20 of 23 shots in the Coyotes loss to the Winnipeg Jets. This season with the Rush, the 6'2", 185-pound former Medicine Hat Tiger (WHL) has compiled a 1-1-1 record in 3 games played with a 2.92 GAA and .922 SV%. His lone win, his first as a professional, also happened to be his first professional shutout as he stoned all 36 shots faced against the Utah Grizzlies in a 2-0 win on November 14th.
Marek will be a special guest on "The Rush Coach's Show" along with fellow rookie, former NCAA Champion Destry Straight, at 6 p.m. MST in the Bankwest Club Level of Premier Home Mortgage Ice in Rushmore Plaza Civic Center tonight. All are welcome to attend and hear about Marek's NHL experience and Destry's transition to the pro game!
Other Rush News:
Join Rush Nation for only $10 per game! Call the Rush office at 716-7825 for details, and stay informed on all Rush happenings this summer through the official Rapid City Rush team website, www.RapidCityRush.com, and the Rapid City Rush mobile app, available on iTunes and Google Play.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 23, 2015
- Comeback Falls Short in 4-3 Loss to Atlanta - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Atlanta Gets 4-3 Road Win in Greenville - Atlanta Gladiators
- Monarchs Weekly Preview - Manchester Monarchs
- Radio Recon's Ready for Take Two...(But, Just in Case, We Better Have An Ambulance at the Ready) - Reading Royals
- Admirals Announce Roster Moves Ahead of Homestand - Norfolk Admirals
- Thunder Weekly - Wichita Thunder
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Mavericks Kellen Jones Called up to AHL - Kansas City Mavericks
- Swamp Rabbits Deal Alberga to Komets - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- ECHL Transactions - November 23 - ECHL
- Cyclones Weekly - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Allen Americans Weekly Update - Allen Americans
- Adirondack Thunder Announce Adirondack Hockey Hall of Fame Nominees - Adirondack Thunder
- Jackals Weekly - Elmira Jackals
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report - Wheeling Nailers
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - Tulsa Oilers
- Strong start has Mavericks on top of league - ECHL
- Colorado Eagles Weekly Snapshot - Colorado Eagles
- Division Leading Grizzlies Host Allen Friday, Saturday - Utah Grizzlies
- Langhamer Returns - Rapid City Rush
- Royals Acquire Goaltender Adam Morrison - Reading Royals
- Preview: Swamp Rabbits Face Gladiators on Monday Night - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Komets Home for Pair of Holiday Games - Fort Wayne Komets
- ECHL Today - November 23 - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.