Mavericks' Forward Sebastien Thinel Named to All-CHL Team
INDEPENDENCE, Missouri - The Missouri Mavericks, in conjunction with the Central Hockey League (CHL), announced Mavericks' forward Sebastien Thinel was named to the All-CHL Team on Monday. Thinel along with five other players were named to the team and were selected through balloting of all CHL head coaches.
Thinel currently leads the CHL in scoring with 89 points (27-6289) and 62 assists in 62 games played. The St. Jerome, Quebec native has nine more points than the next closest scorer in the CHL. This is his third selection to the All-CHL team as he was named to the team with the Odessa Jackalopes in 2010-11and 2008-09.
The other players named to the All-CHL Team are forwards A.J. Gale (Denver) and Mickey Lang (Quad City), defensemen Tyler Ludwig (Allen) and Kevin Young (Wichita) and goaltender Aaron Dell (Allen).
Thinel joins former Mavericks' goaltender Robby Nolan as the only two players in Mavericks' history to be named to the All-CHL Team. He is also a finalist for the league's Most Valuable Player award which will be announced on Monday, March 25.
Missouri has just one more regular season game remaining in the 2012-13 season. Missouri will host Tulsa on Friday, March 22 at Independence Events Center. Mavericks' playoff tickets will go on sale to the general public this Thursday, March 21 at 10 a.m. through all Ticketmaster outlets and at the Silverstein Eye Centers Box Office. Playoff schedules are to be determined and only playoff games A, B and C of the first round will go on sale. Visit www.MissouriMavericks.com for up-to-date information as it is released.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 18, 2013
- Shots from the Point for March 18, 2013 - CHL
- McCready Named to CHL All-Rookie Team - Arizona Sundogs
- Cutthroats Weekly Update - Denver Cutthroats
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Fort Worth's Austin Mayer Named Oakley CHL Player of the Week - CHL
- Austin Mayer Named Oakley CHL Player of the Week - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Americans Have Two Players Named to the All-CHL Team - Allen Americans
- Young Selected to All-CHL Team - Wichita Thunder
- Mavericks' Forward Sebastien Thinel Named to All-CHL Team - Kansas City Mavericks
- Lang Named to All-CHL Team - Quad City Mallards
- CHL 2012-13 All-CHL Team Announced - CHL
- Mavericks' Head Coach Scott Hillman Suspended One Game - Kansas City Mavericks
- Bloomington Blaze Weekly - Bloomington Blaze
- Aaron Dell Named to CHL All-Rookie Team - Allen Americans
- Oilers Weekly News and Notes - Tulsa Oilers
- Hanson Selected to CHL Al-Rookie Team - Wichita Thunder
- Hellyer Named to CHL All-Rookie Team - Quad City Mallards
- Nutkevitch, Spivak Named to CHL All-Rookie Team - Fort Worth Brahmas
- CHL 2012-13 All-Rookie Team Announced - CHL
- Thunder Weekly - Wichita Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- Atlanta's Late Goals Haunt Mavericks, KC Downed 4-3
- Durocher's Hat Trick Not Enough in Mavericks 5-3 Loss at South Carolina
- Mavericks Can't Contain Greenville, Drop Second Game of Road Trip 5-3
- Mavs Monday: East Coast Road Trip
- Mavericks Falter in Third Period, Fall 6-2 to Tulsa