Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. FC Cincinnati
ATLANTA - Atlanta United will welcome 2019 expansion side FC Cincinnati on Sunday, as the club will host its first match at Mercedes-Benz Stadium since winning MLS Cup. The match is scheduled to kick-off at 5 p.m. EST and will be nationally televised on ESPN. For more match information, please view game notes here.
Atlanta fell to D.C. United 2-0 in its MLS opener March 3 at Audi Field, and followed that with a midweek game at Monterrey in the first leg the Scotiabank Champions League quarterfinals, losing 3-0 to Rayados at Estadio BBVA Bancomer. Atlanta will play its fourth match in 11 days against Cincinnati on Sunday before hosting the return leg of its SCCL quarterfinal at Mercedes-Benz Stadium March 13. Through two seasons, Atlanta is 2-1 against MLS expansion sides.
FC Cincinnati dropped its first-ever MLS match 3-1 to Seattle Sounders on March 2 at CenturyLink Field. Leonardo Bertone scored the first goal in club history to give the visitors the lead in the 13th minute, but Seattle went on to score four unanswered goals from Kelvin Leerdam, a brace from Jordan Morris and Raul Ruidiaz. Sunday will mark Cincinnati's second-straight away match on national television to start the club's MLS campaign.
Sunday, March 10 | Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta, GA|5 p.m. (EST)
Atlanta United vs. FC Cincinnati
English TV | ESPN
Spanish Radio | La Mejor 1600 AM
English Radio | 92-9 The Game
4 p.m.: AT&T Countdown to Kickoff (FB Live/Periscope)
4:30 p.m.: The Pre-Game show (92-9 The Game)
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 9, 2019
- Earthquakes Fall 3-0 to Minnesota United FC - San Jose Earthquakes
- 'Caps fall to Real Salt Lake on controversial first-half penalty - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Real Salt Lake Tops Vancouver Whitecaps FC 1-0 - Real Salt Lake
- Impact Falls 2-1 in Houston - Montreal Impact
- Forward Mauro Manotas Scores 50th Career Dynamo Goal in 2-1 Victory over Montreal Impact - Houston Dynamo
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 0, FC Dallas 2 - Saturday, March 9, 2019 - LA Galaxy
- FC Dallas Defeats Los Angeles Galaxy 2-0 - FC Dallas
- Whitecaps FC Acquire Iraqi International Left Back Ali Adnan on Loan - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Revolution Fall to Columbus Crew SC, 2-0, in Home Opener - New England Revolution
- Dwyer Scores as Lions Draw Chicago 1-1 in Road Opener - Orlando City SC
- CJ Sapong Scores in the 95th Minute, Fire Draws Orlando City SC 1-1 at SeatGeek Stadium - Chicago Fire
- Abdi Mohamed Signs Professional Contract; Joins Memphis 901 FC on Season-Long Loan - New York City FC
- LAFC Hosts Portland Timbers on Sunday Afternoon - Los Angeles FC
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. FC Cincinnati - Atlanta United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Atlanta United FC Stories
- Atlanta United Announces 'United We Conquer' Initiative
- Atlanta United Joins Major League Soccer's Ã¢ÂÂMLS Unites' Campaign
- Atlanta United Statement on Training Moratoriums
- The Arthur M. Blank Family Foundation Announces Nearly $5.4 Million in Funding for COVID-19 Relief Efforts
- Josef Martinez Undergoes Successful Knee Surgery