Magic Secure 30th Win of the Season in Victory over Bulls
The Lakeland Magic, NBA G League affiliate of the Orlando Magic, defeated the Windy City Bulls 141-109 on Tuesday night at the RP Funding Center for their 30th victory of the season.
The Magic jumped out to an early lead making five of their first six shots from the floor and never looked back leading by as many as 13 points in the first quarter. Lakeland shot 14-of-24 and tallied 41 points in the second period to extended the lead to 31 points with 24.3 seconds remaining in the quarter. The Magic would take a 29 point lead (73-44) into the locker room at the half.
Lakeland secured the largest lead of the night at 32 points on a three pointer by John Petrucelli with just over nine minutes remaining in the third. The Magic would carry the momentum into the fourth outscoring the Bulls 38-33 for the final score 141-109.
Amile Jefferson posted a career-high 33 points, 16 rebounds and five assists for his 24th double-double of the season in his first game with Lakeland since February 13. Troy Caupain scored 22 points and Jeremiah Hill came off the bench to score 20 points. Gabe York, John Petrucelli and Devin Davis all scored 14 points on the night. Anthony Brown tallied 13 points, three rebounds, two assists and two steals off the bench.
The Bulls were led by Walt Lemon Jr. who scored 24 points. V.J. Beachem was a key contributor with 20 points. Brandon Sampson scored 15 points and three rebounds. JaKarr Sampson scored 12 points and six rebounds and CJ Fair had nine points.
The Lakeland Magic are back at home this Friday, March 22 for the first of two back-to-back games against the Raptors 905. Tip-off at the RP Funding Center is set for 7:00pm. The game will be available on Facebook Live. The Magic are currently number two in the Eastern Conference with the Raptors 905 just one game back.
Lakeland Magic single game tickets and group tickets are available now. For ticket information, visit lakelandmagic.com or call 863.825.3258.
Amile Jefferson 33 points, 16 rebounds
Troy Caupain 22 points
Jeremiah Hill 20 points
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 19, 2019
- Magic Secure 30th Win of the Season in Victory over Bulls - Lakeland Magic
- Austin Spurs Defeat Texas Legends 121-117 - Austin Spurs
- Lakeland Snaps Windy City's Three-Game Winning Streak, Defeat Bulls 141-109 - Windy City Bulls
- Kings Assign Caleb Swanigan to Stockton Kings - Stockton Kings
- Mad Ants Hold off Herd - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Westchester Knicks Waive Devon Baulkman - Westchester Knicks
- Westchester Knicks Acquire Kethan Savage - Westchester Knicks
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
- Stars Cap off Regular Season with Two Home Games - Salt Lake City Stars
- Center Deyonta Davis Earns GATORADE Call-Up to the Atlanta Hawks - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Heat Assign Cooke to Skyforce - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- San Antonio Assigns Chimezie Metu and Lonnie Walker IV to Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Santa Cruz Warriors Fall to South Bay Lakers 113-108 to Split Season Series - Santa Cruz Warriors
- South Bay Rides the Wave to Fourth Straight Win - South Bay Lakers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lakeland Magic Stories
- Lakeland Magic Forward Amile Jefferson Named to All-NBA G League Third Team
- Lakeland Secures Appearance in Eastern Conference Finals
- Lakeland's Gabe York Receives 2018-19 NBA G League Jason Collier Sportsmanship Award
- Lakeland Secures Round One Bye and Home Game in NBA G League Playoffs
- Magic Take Down 905 in Regular Season Finale