Center Deyonta Davis Earns GATORADE Call-Up to the Atlanta Hawks
SANTA CRUZ, Calif. - Santa Cruz Warriors center Deyonta Davis has signed a 10-day contract with the Atlanta Hawks, both teams announced today. Davis, who will wear number 4 for the Hawks, is the first GATORADE Call-Up for the Santa Cruz Warriors this season and the 23rd NBA Call-Up in franchise history.
Davis has started 43 games this season for Santa Cruz, averaging 9.7 points, 7.5 rebounds, 1.3 assists and 1.33 blocks on 59.1 percent shooting from the field (199-of-337 FG). Since February 1 (11 starts), the center from Muskegon, Michigan has averaged 15.6 points, 10.0 rebounds, 1.3 assists, 1.27 steals and 1.63 blocks on 65.6 percent shooting from the field (84-of-128 FG).
Davis (6'11, 245) was selected with the 31st overall selection by the Boston Celtics in the 2016 NBA Draft, with his draft rights acquired by the Memphis Grizzlies, along with Rade Zagorac, for a future first round selection. Davis spent two seasons with the Grizzlies, averaging 4.3 points and 3.2 rebounds over 98 games (six starts).
Davis spent one collegiate season at Michigan State University, averaging 7.5 points on 59.8 percent from the field (119-of-199 FG), along with 5.5 rebounds and 1.83 blocks over 35 games for the Spartans (16 starts).
The Santa Cruz Warriors will conclude the 2018-19 NBA G League regular season with a three-game homestand at Kaiser Permanente Arena this week, starting Wednesday, March 20 against the Capital City Go-Go. The first 1,500 fans in attendance that night will receive a Warriors water bottle, courtesy of Kaiser Permanente. For tickets to Wednesday's water bottle giveaway and for all Warriors home games, visit santacruzbasketball.com or call (831) 713-4400.
Images from this story
Santa Cruz Warriors center Deyonta Davis
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 19, 2019
- Magic Secure 30th Win of the Season in Victory over Bulls - Lakeland Magic
- Austin Spurs Defeat Texas Legends 121-117 - Austin Spurs
- Lakeland Snaps Windy City's Three-Game Winning Streak, Defeat Bulls 141-109 - Windy City Bulls
- Kings Assign Caleb Swanigan to Stockton Kings - Stockton Kings
- Mad Ants Hold off Herd - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Westchester Knicks Waive Devon Baulkman - Westchester Knicks
- Westchester Knicks Acquire Kethan Savage - Westchester Knicks
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
- Stars Cap off Regular Season with Two Home Games - Salt Lake City Stars
- Center Deyonta Davis Earns GATORADE Call-Up to the Atlanta Hawks - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Heat Assign Cooke to Skyforce - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- San Antonio Assigns Chimezie Metu and Lonnie Walker IV to Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Santa Cruz Warriors Fall to South Bay Lakers 113-108 to Split Season Series - Santa Cruz Warriors
- South Bay Rides the Wave to Fourth Straight Win - South Bay Lakers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Santa Cruz Warriors Stories
- #JrNBAWeek at the Santa Cruz Boys & Girls Club
- Santa Cruz Warriors to Host Three Hardwood Classics Nights
- Santa Cruz Warriors Name Ryan Atkinson General Manager
- Santa Cruz Warriors Announce 2019-20 Season Schedule
- Santa Cruz Warriors Name Kris Weems Head Coach