Austin Spurs Defeat Texas Legends 121-117
AUSTIN, Texas - The Austin Spurs (20-28), presented by SWBC, defeated the Texas Legends (16-33), 121-117, Tuesday evening at the H-E-B Center at Cedar Park.
San Antonio Spurs assignee Lonnie Walker IV led Spurs scoring with 23 points in 33 minutes. Drew Eubanks notched his twelfth double-double of the season with 22 points (9-13 FG, 4-4 FT) and 12 rebounds in 31 minutes. John Holland chipped in 17 points (6-9 FG, 3-6 3FG, 2-2 FT) in 25 minutes off the bench.
A competitive first quarter featured five lead changes with neither team able to gain more than a six-point advantage. The Spurs began to pull away in the second quarter, going up by as many as 19 points to go in to the locker room at halftime up 65-52.
In the third quarter, the Silver and Black pushed their advantage to as many as 22 points. The Legends fought back in the final frame, outscoring Austin 42-24, chipping down the deficit to three points in the last eight seconds. The Spurs were able to hold on to the lead and win, 121-117.
For the Legends, Xavier Rathan-Mayes led all scoring with 28 points in 34 minutes. Nate Mason finished with 23 points in 23 minutes off the bench.
The Spurs will play their final home contest of the season on Thursday, March 21 at 7:30 p.m. against the Sioux Fall Skyforce. They will then close out the year on the road at Oklahoma City on Saturday, March 23 at 7:00 p.m. For further information and tickets, visit www.austinspurs.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 19, 2019
- Magic Secure 30th Win of the Season in Victory over Bulls - Lakeland Magic
- Austin Spurs Defeat Texas Legends 121-117 - Austin Spurs
- Lakeland Snaps Windy City's Three-Game Winning Streak, Defeat Bulls 141-109 - Windy City Bulls
- Kings Assign Caleb Swanigan to Stockton Kings - Stockton Kings
- Mad Ants Hold off Herd - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Westchester Knicks Waive Devon Baulkman - Westchester Knicks
- Westchester Knicks Acquire Kethan Savage - Westchester Knicks
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
- Stars Cap off Regular Season with Two Home Games - Salt Lake City Stars
- Center Deyonta Davis Earns GATORADE Call-Up to the Atlanta Hawks - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Heat Assign Cooke to Skyforce - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- San Antonio Assigns Chimezie Metu and Lonnie Walker IV to Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Santa Cruz Warriors Fall to South Bay Lakers 113-108 to Split Season Series - Santa Cruz Warriors
- South Bay Rides the Wave to Fourth Straight Win - South Bay Lakers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.