Mad Ants Hold off Herd
Fort Wayne, Ind. - The Fort Wayne Mad Ants defeated the Wisconsin Herd, 105-100, at the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum on Tuesday night.
Travin Thibodeaux came off the bench to pour in 12 points and 10 rebounds for Fort Wayne (22-26). It was Thiobdeaux's fourth double-double this season.
Fort Wayne clamped down defensively in the fourth quarter holding Wisconsin (12-37) to a 32 percent shooting clip in the final quarter. Fort Wayne led by as many as 10 throughout the game, which featured 13 lead changes.
Indiana Pacers assignee Alize Johnson finished with a team-high 20 points, to go along with nine rebounds. Omari Johnson finished the night 7-of-10 shooting to chip in 17 points and seven rebounds.
Edmond Sumner and Stephan Hicks both finished one rebound shy of a double-double. Sumner ended his night with 15 points, while Hicks scored 11.
Jovan Mooring came off the bench with 10 points in just over 10 minutes of playing time, as Rob Gray missed Tuesday's game with plantar fasciitis.
Mooring and Herd guard Xavier Munford were both ejected from the game in the third quarter while Munford was attempting to shoot free throws.
Michael Qualls continued his impressive March with 22 points and 12 rebounds to lead Wisconsin.
Shevon Thompson added 14 points and 12 rebounds for Wisconsin as well.
Fort Wayne will head to Greensboro on Thursday, while Wisconsin will conclude its season on Saturday night at Long Island.
The Mad Ants will conclude its 12th season at home on Saturday against the Grand Rapids Drive at 7 p.m. Tickets are available by visiting ftwaynemadants.com or calling 260-469-4667.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 19, 2019
- Magic Secure 30th Win of the Season in Victory over Bulls - Lakeland Magic
- Austin Spurs Defeat Texas Legends 121-117 - Austin Spurs
- Lakeland Snaps Windy City's Three-Game Winning Streak, Defeat Bulls 141-109 - Windy City Bulls
- Kings Assign Caleb Swanigan to Stockton Kings - Stockton Kings
- Mad Ants Hold off Herd - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Westchester Knicks Waive Devon Baulkman - Westchester Knicks
- Westchester Knicks Acquire Kethan Savage - Westchester Knicks
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
- Stars Cap off Regular Season with Two Home Games - Salt Lake City Stars
- Center Deyonta Davis Earns GATORADE Call-Up to the Atlanta Hawks - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Heat Assign Cooke to Skyforce - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- San Antonio Assigns Chimezie Metu and Lonnie Walker IV to Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Santa Cruz Warriors Fall to South Bay Lakers 113-108 to Split Season Series - Santa Cruz Warriors
- South Bay Rides the Wave to Fourth Straight Win - South Bay Lakers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fort Wayne Mad Ants Stories
- "Madame Ants" Change Name to "Mad Dancerz"
- Mad Ants Finalize 2019-20 Basketball Operations and Front Office Personnel
- Mad Ants Host Open Tryouts in Fort Wayne Tomorrow
- Mad Ants Host Open Tryouts in Fort Wayne on Saturday
- Mad Ants Acquire Amida Brimah from Austin