Luka Samanic Named Kia NBA G Leauge Player of the Month
December 2, 2022 - NBA G League (G League) - Maine Celtics News Release
PORTLAND, ME - The NBA G League today announced that Maine Celtics forward Luka Samanic has been named Kia NBA G League Player of the Month for games played in November.
Samanic led Maine to a conference-best 8-2 record to start the 2022-23 season. Starting all ten games for the Celtics, Samanic averaged 21.7 points, 11.4 rebounds, 2.4 assists, and 1.1 blocked shots per game, all while shooting 53.7% from the floor. Samanic has topped 30 or more points in a game three times this season, including twice in the past week.
Samanic helped Maine lead the league in rebounding. The 22-year-old has carried Maine, the league leaders in rebounding, by leading the G League with nine double-doubles this season.
The 6'10" forward was originally selected by San Antonio (First Round, 19th overall) in the 2019 NBA Draft, and has played in both the Spurs and New York Knicks organizations before joining Boston's training camp roster this offseason.
Samanic becomes just the fourth player in franchise history to win NBA G League Player of the Month honors, joining Chris Clemons (2021-22), Tremont Waters (2019-20), and Jordan Mickey (2015-16).
The Maine Celtics are back in action tonight at Greensboro. Maine returns to the Portland Expo next Friday, Dec. 9 when the Celtics take on Raptors 905. Tickets for all home games can be purchased by visiting MaineCeltics.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 2, 2022
- Memphis Hustle Edge Austin in Overtime - Austin Spurs
- Squadron Fall to Capitanes, 112-101, in Friday Night Matchup - Birmingham Squadron
- Greensboro Swarm Bring Home a Big Win - Greensboro Swarm
- Maine Celtics Stopped in Greensboro - Maine Celtics
- Greensboro Swarm Held Formal Ribbon Cutting for Novant Health Fieldhouse at Greensboro Coliseum - Greensboro Swarm
- Blue Coats Down Raptors - Delaware Blue Coats
- Skyforce to Host Hometown Heroes Night - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Paul Hewitt Named G League Coach of the Month - Ontario Clippers
- Iowa Wolves Extend Winning Streak to Five - Iowa Wolves
- Santa Cruz to Host Season of Giving Community Events During Holidays - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Luka Samanic Named Kia NBA G Leauge Player of the Month - Maine Celtics
- DC Sports Teams Donate More Than $100,000 to Combat Gun Violence - Capital City Go-Go
- WNBA Players and Coaches to Lead Top African Prospects at Fourth NBA Academy Women's Camp Africa in Senegal - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Maine Celtics Stories
- Maine Celtics' Season Comes to End in Playoffs
- Luka Samanic Signs 10-Day Contract with Utah Jazz
- Mfiondu Kabengele Named NBA G League Player of the Week
- Maine Celtics Host Cleveland Charge in First Round Playoff Game
- Maine Celtics Clinch Playoff Berth; Home Playoff Game Next Week