Long Island Wins Fourth Straight Behind Season-High 19 3-Pointers
LONG ISLAND - The Long Island Nets (25-14), the NBA G League affiliate of the Brooklyn Nets, defeated the Delaware Blue Coats (16-22) 115-106 at NYCB LIVE, home of the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum.
Brooklyn guard/forward Dzanan Musa scored a team-high 20 points and added five rebounds, five assists, two steals and a blocked shot in 31 minutes while on assignment with Long Island. Long Island forward Kamari Murphy logged a double-double with 16 points and 10 rebounds with an assist and two blocks in 25 minutes, and Brooklyn two-way forward/center Alan Williams came a rebound shy of a double-double, putting up 15 points, nine rebounds, five assists, a steal and two blocks in 24 minutes.
Long Island trailed by as many as eight points in the first quarter before dropping the opening period 27-24. The second quarter is where the game turned around. The Nets scored a whopping 37 points in the second quarter alone and held the Blue Coats to just 17 points to take a 17-point lead into halftime by a score of 61-44. Eight LI Nets players contributed on the offensive end in the second quarter, led by Dzanan Musa, who had eight.
Delaware came charging back in the third quarter, cutting the lead down to as little as four points. The Blue Coats outscored the Nets 30-22 in the period and came within nine heading into the final period of play. Long Island held off the Blue Coats throughout the fourth, matching Delaware in points 32-32 in the period to win by nine, 115-106.
Delaware center Norvel Pelle registered a double-double, scoring a game-high 24 points to go along with 13 rebounds, three assists, a steal and six blocks in 33 minutes. Blue Coats forward Rashad Vaughn scored 21 points and had two rebounds, five assists, one steal and a block in 34 minutes.
Long Island will head to Greensboro to take on the Swarm on Saturday, Mar. 2, at 7 p.m. ET, while Delaware will head to Maine to take on the Red Claws on Friday, Mar. 1, at 7 p.m. ET.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 27, 2019
- Bulls Hand Skyforce its Fourth Straight Loss - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Long Island Wins Fourth Straight Behind Season-High 19 3-Pointers - Long Island Nets
- Windy City Ties Franchise-Record with 11th Road Win - Windy City Bulls
- Blue Coats Fall to Nets on Road - Delaware Blue Coats
- Balanced Magic Attack Beats Go-Go - Capital City Go-Go
- Swarm Tip Moved to 11 a.m. on February 28 - Greensboro Swarm
- Knicks Close out the Month at Greensboro Thursday - Westchester Knicks
- Wisconsin Herd to Host Career Fair and Panel Discussion on March 2 - Wisconsin Herd
- Blue Escapes with Victory Versus Herd - Oklahoma City Blue
- Austin Spurs to Host Military and First Responders Appreciation Game March 9 - Austin Spurs
- Timberwolves Assign Robert Covington to G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- Hornets Assign Devonte' Graham to Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
- Stockton Kings Beat Texas Legends to Win Fourth Straight Game - Stockton Kings
- Ochefu's 32-Point Performance Takes the Crown - Texas Legends
- Hustle Take Down Vipers, Bounce Back with Balanced Effort - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Hustle Take Down Vipers, Bounce Back with Balanced Effort - Memphis Hustle
- Clippers Complete Comeback Victory over Austin - Agua Caliente Clippers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Long Island Nets Stories
- Long Island Ends Three-Game Homestand with Loss to Greensboro
- Long Island Nets Fall to Lakeland Despite Second Half Comeback
- Long Island Nets to Host Nassau County AA Boys and Girls Basketball Championships this Sunday, March 8
- Long Island Nets Defeat Delaware for Third-Straight Victory
- Long Island Nets to Host Third-Annual Women's Empowerment Game, Presented by National Grid, this Wednesday, March 4