Blue Escapes with Victory Versus Herd
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma City Blue (26-15) defeated the Wisconsin Herd (9-30), 111-109, on Wednesday morning.
A three-pointer from Xavier Munford trimmed Oklahoma City's lead to just one point with 9.6 seconds left in the game. After Scotty Hopson split a pair of free throws, Wisconsin's game-winning attempt fell short.
Hopson led the way with a team-high 20 points, seven rebounds and two assists. Two-way player Donte Grantham had his second double-double of the season with 15 points, 12 rebounds, two assists, and three steals.
"I was happy with their effort on both ends of the floor and with the outcome of the game," Head Coach Mark Daigneault said. "There is still a lot of work to be done and a lot of things that we can improve on."
The teams played a close first quarter, with three ties and two lead changes. After a dunk from Michael Qualls tied the game at 13 apiece in the first quarter, the Blue held Wisconsin scoreless for two minutes, going up by as many as 11 points.
Wisconsin took a one-point lead late in the second quarter, but Bryce Alford hit a three-pointer with 0.3 seconds left in the half to give Oklahoma City a 55-53 lead going into the locker room.
Alford was one of six in double figures for Oklahoma City, finishing with 14 points. Dez Wells contributed 19 points and a game-high-tying six assists off the bench.
Oklahoma City held the advantage on the glass, grabbing 51 rebounds to Wisconsin's 47. The Blue also forced 22 turnovers and scored 20 points off them.
Up next, the Blue heads on the road to face the Northern Arizona Suns on Friday, March 1 at 8 p.m. in the Findlay Toyota Center.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 27, 2019
- Bulls Hand Skyforce its Fourth Straight Loss - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Long Island Wins Fourth Straight Behind Season-High 19 3-Pointers - Long Island Nets
- Windy City Ties Franchise-Record with 11th Road Win - Windy City Bulls
- Blue Coats Fall to Nets on Road - Delaware Blue Coats
- Balanced Magic Attack Beats Go-Go - Capital City Go-Go
- Swarm Tip Moved to 11 a.m. on February 28 - Greensboro Swarm
- Knicks Close out the Month at Greensboro Thursday - Westchester Knicks
- Wisconsin Herd to Host Career Fair and Panel Discussion on March 2 - Wisconsin Herd
- Blue Escapes with Victory Versus Herd - Oklahoma City Blue
- Austin Spurs to Host Military and First Responders Appreciation Game March 9 - Austin Spurs
- Timberwolves Assign Robert Covington to G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- Hornets Assign Devonte' Graham to Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
- Stockton Kings Beat Texas Legends to Win Fourth Straight Game - Stockton Kings
- Ochefu's 32-Point Performance Takes the Crown - Texas Legends
- Hustle Take Down Vipers, Bounce Back with Balanced Effort - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Hustle Take Down Vipers, Bounce Back with Balanced Effort - Memphis Hustle
- Clippers Complete Comeback Victory over Austin - Agua Caliente Clippers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Oklahoma City Blue Stories
- Oklahoma City Announces Coaching Staff Updates
- Oklahoma City Acquires Returning Player Rights to Beau Beech and First-Round Draft Pick
- Thunder Signs Devon Hall to Two-Way Contract
- Oklahoma City Blue Announces 2019-20 Regular-Season Schedule
- Oklahoma City Wins Overtime Nail-Biter