Stockton Kings Beat Texas Legends to Win Fourth Straight Game
Stockton, Calif. - The Stockton Kings (25-15), the NBA G League affiliate of the Sacramento Kings beat the Texas Legends (14-27), the NBA G League affiliate of the Dallas Mavericks, 116-109 for their fourth-straight win. Stockton Kings center Daniel Ochefu had a career-high game scoring 32 points, 10 rebounds and four assists.
In the first quarter, Ochefu scored 10 of his 32 points and grabbed six rebounds. Texas forward Xavier Rathan-Mayes scored 10 of his 21 points in the second quarter. At the half Texas was ahead 61-49, and held a 14-point lead in the third quarter. Stockton forward Julien Lewis scored a 3-point basket at the end of the third quarter to bring the score to 87-86 with Texas ahead. The fourth quarter was close until Ochefu knocked down two free throws to give the Kings an eight-point advantage that Texas couldn't overcome.
Rathan-Mayes led Texas with 21 points, six rebounds and five assists. Guard Daryl Macon posted 19 points, four rebounds and four assists.
Six of Stockton's eight active players scored in double figures tonight, including Stockton assignment player Caleb Swanigan who posted a double-double with 16 points and a game-high 15 rebounds.
On Thursday, February 28, Stockton will host "Legends Night" to honor past Sacramento Kings players, as they take on the South Bay Lakers at 7 p.m. Former Sacramento Kings players Vlade Divac, Doug Christie and Bobby Jackson will be in attendance. The first 1,000 fans will receive a Kings Legends bobblehead. Stockton will debut throwback Kings jerseys from Sacramento's 2001-02 season. This game can be viewed via ESPN+. Stockton will be back home on Sunday, March 3 when they play the Memphis Hustle at 1 p.m. Stockton will celebrate mascot, Dunkson's birthday with mascots from around the area. All children 12 and under get in free. This game can be viewed via Facebook Live.
Tickets for these games can be purchased at StocktonKings.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 27, 2019
- Bulls Hand Skyforce its Fourth Straight Loss - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Long Island Wins Fourth Straight Behind Season-High 19 3-Pointers - Long Island Nets
- Windy City Ties Franchise-Record with 11th Road Win - Windy City Bulls
- Blue Coats Fall to Nets on Road - Delaware Blue Coats
- Balanced Magic Attack Beats Go-Go - Capital City Go-Go
- Swarm Tip Moved to 11 a.m. on February 28 - Greensboro Swarm
- Knicks Close out the Month at Greensboro Thursday - Westchester Knicks
- Wisconsin Herd to Host Career Fair and Panel Discussion on March 2 - Wisconsin Herd
- Blue Escapes with Victory Versus Herd - Oklahoma City Blue
- Austin Spurs to Host Military and First Responders Appreciation Game March 9 - Austin Spurs
- Timberwolves Assign Robert Covington to G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- Hornets Assign Devonte' Graham to Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
- Stockton Kings Beat Texas Legends to Win Fourth Straight Game - Stockton Kings
- Ochefu's 32-Point Performance Takes the Crown - Texas Legends
- Hustle Take Down Vipers, Bounce Back with Balanced Effort - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Hustle Take Down Vipers, Bounce Back with Balanced Effort - Memphis Hustle
- Clippers Complete Comeback Victory over Austin - Agua Caliente Clippers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.