Blue Coats Fall to Nets on Road
UNIONDALE, NY - The Delaware Blue Coats (16-22), the NBA G League affiliate of the Philadelphia 76ers, fell to the Long Island Nets (25-14), 115-106, on the road on Wednesday night. Norvel Pelle recorded his seventh double-double of the season (24 points, 13 rebounds) for the Blue Coats.
Pelle's 24 points (10-12, 4-7 ft) to lead all scorers marked a season-high, while he notched season-high tying totals with his 13 rebounds and six blocked shots in 32 minutes. Rashad Vaughn posted 21 points (8-17 fg, 3-6 3fg, 2-2 ft), two rebounds and five assists in 33 minutes of action for Delaware. Jared Brownridge tallied 17 points (7-13 fg, 3-7 3fg) in 37 minutes, moving within one three-pointer of Miami HEAT two-way contract player Duncan Robinson for the G League lead in three-pointers made (138).
The Blue Coats trailed 61-44 at halftime. After shooting 7-for-21 from beyond the arc in the first half, Long Island converted 12 of its 20 three-point field goal attempts in the second half.
Dzanan Musa, on assignment from the Brooklyn Nets, posted 20 points (5-10 fg, 3-4 3fg, 7-10 ft), five rebounds and five assists in 30 minutes for Long Island. Jordan McLaughlin scored 18 points (7-17 fg, 4-8 3fg, 0-2 ft) in 26 minutes off the bench, while Brooklyn Nets two-way contract player Theo Pinson contributed 16 points (5-13 fg, 3-8 3fg, 3-3 ft) in 33 minutes.
Pinson's fellow two-way contract teammate, Alan Williams, neared a double with 15 points (5-16 fg, 2-5 3fg, 3-4 ft) and nine rebounds in 23 minutes. Kamari Murphy secured the lone double-double of the night for the Nets with 16 points (6-11 fg, 2-3 3fg, 2-3 ft) and 10 rebounds in 25 minutes as a reserve.
The Blue Coats travel to Maine for a 7:00 p.m. meeting with the Maine Red Claws on Friday night. The team returns home to 76ers Fieldhouse on Monday, March 4 at 7:00 p.m. against the Fort Wayne Mad Ants.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 27, 2019
- Bulls Hand Skyforce its Fourth Straight Loss - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Long Island Wins Fourth Straight Behind Season-High 19 3-Pointers - Long Island Nets
- Windy City Ties Franchise-Record with 11th Road Win - Windy City Bulls
- Blue Coats Fall to Nets on Road - Delaware Blue Coats
- Balanced Magic Attack Beats Go-Go - Capital City Go-Go
- Swarm Tip Moved to 11 a.m. on February 28 - Greensboro Swarm
- Knicks Close out the Month at Greensboro Thursday - Westchester Knicks
- Wisconsin Herd to Host Career Fair and Panel Discussion on March 2 - Wisconsin Herd
- Blue Escapes with Victory Versus Herd - Oklahoma City Blue
- Austin Spurs to Host Military and First Responders Appreciation Game March 9 - Austin Spurs
- Timberwolves Assign Robert Covington to G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- Hornets Assign Devonte' Graham to Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
- Stockton Kings Beat Texas Legends to Win Fourth Straight Game - Stockton Kings
- Ochefu's 32-Point Performance Takes the Crown - Texas Legends
- Hustle Take Down Vipers, Bounce Back with Balanced Effort - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Hustle Take Down Vipers, Bounce Back with Balanced Effort - Memphis Hustle
- Clippers Complete Comeback Victory over Austin - Agua Caliente Clippers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Delaware Blue Coats Stories
- 76ers Fieldhouse to 'Light It Blue' for Illuminate Delaware
- Blue Coats and Blue Rocks Partner on Delaware Together Campaign
- Q&A with Haywood Highsmith: Coat Check Podcast
- Nemours Children's Health System Seeks PPE & Cleaning Supply Donations
- ChristianaCare Seeks Blue Coats Fans' Support in COVID-19 Fight