Austin Spurs to Host Military and First Responders Appreciation Game March 9
AUSTIN - The Austin Spurs, presented by SWBC, will partner with Deloitte to honor former and active duty Armed Forces and First Responders on Saturday, March 9 when they host the Stockton Kings for their Military and First Responders Appreciation Game. Tipoff is set for 7 p.m. at the H-E-B Center at Cedar Park.
Complimentary tickets will be offered to all former and active duty Armed Forces and First Responders, courtesy of Deloitte. Up to four complimentary tickets can be redeemed by presenting an ID validating former or active military or first responder status at the H-E-B Center at Cedar Park box office on game day.
The Silver and Black will also wear special military-themed jerseys that will be signed and auctioned off at austinspurs.com. Fans will have the opportunity to cast their bids starting Monday, March 4 at noon until 8:30 p.m. on March 9 with all net proceeds benefitting Heroes Night Out. Fans can text "Spurs" to 52182 to register.
To purchase tickets or find more information regarding the Military and First Responders Appreciation Game, call the Austin Spurs office at (512) 236-8333 or go to austinspurs.com.
About Heroes Night Out:
Heroes Night Out is a nonprofit community-based organization that provides resources and services to Veterans, Service Members and their families in a safe, family-friendly environment that is immersed with peers and battle buddies. Through this model of peer-to-peer interaction, Heroes Night Out can quickly address the unique situations that service members, veterans and military families experience by creating a trusting relationship more immediately.
Heroes Night Out offers several services and activities including peer-to-peer groups and activities, individual/family rehabilitative activities, an on-site Licensed Psychologist, a Counselor from the Vet Center, a Veteran Service Officer (claims/benefits), VA Loan Specialist and representatives from the Texas Workforce Commission.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 27, 2019
- Bulls Hand Skyforce its Fourth Straight Loss - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Long Island Wins Fourth Straight Behind Season-High 19 3-Pointers - Long Island Nets
- Windy City Ties Franchise-Record with 11th Road Win - Windy City Bulls
- Blue Coats Fall to Nets on Road - Delaware Blue Coats
- Balanced Magic Attack Beats Go-Go - Capital City Go-Go
- Swarm Tip Moved to 11 a.m. on February 28 - Greensboro Swarm
- Knicks Close out the Month at Greensboro Thursday - Westchester Knicks
- Wisconsin Herd to Host Career Fair and Panel Discussion on March 2 - Wisconsin Herd
- Blue Escapes with Victory Versus Herd - Oklahoma City Blue
- Austin Spurs to Host Military and First Responders Appreciation Game March 9 - Austin Spurs
- Timberwolves Assign Robert Covington to G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- Hornets Assign Devonte' Graham to Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
- Stockton Kings Beat Texas Legends to Win Fourth Straight Game - Stockton Kings
- Ochefu's 32-Point Performance Takes the Crown - Texas Legends
- Hustle Take Down Vipers, Bounce Back with Balanced Effort - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Hustle Take Down Vipers, Bounce Back with Balanced Effort - Memphis Hustle
- Clippers Complete Comeback Victory over Austin - Agua Caliente Clippers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Austin Spurs Stories
- Spurs Sports Academy to Host Free Virtual Basketball Clinics for Young Athletes Starting June 1
- American Hockey League Announces Cancellation of the Remainder of the 2019-20 Season
- Spurs Sports Academy Teams up with Ballogy to Launch Virtual Basketball Workouts and Competitions
- Statement from SS&E CEO RC Buford
- Austin Spurs Fall to South Bay Lakers