Ochefu's 32-Point Performance Takes the Crown
FRISCO, TX - The Texas Legends (14-27) opened a two-game California road trip with a stop in Stockton. Daniel Ochefu welcomed the visitors with a 32-point performance to lead the Kings to a 116-109 victory.
The first quarter was full of back-and-forth as Ochefu and Daryl Macon added 10 points on either side and exchanged leads four times. The home team held a 33-28 advantage at the buzzer, but Texas opened the second with 13 unanswered points to take control. Xavier Rathan-Mayes powered out 10 as the visitors more than doubled their opponents' production 33-16 to take a 61-49 lead into the break.
Texas' double-digit gap dwindled in the final four minutes of the third and Julien Lewis knocked down a three at the buzzer to pull the Kings within one. The Kings hit back-to-back shots to open the fourth quarter and regain the lead before four straight points from Vander Blue put the two neck and neck. The teams exchanged leads two more times and tied it up twice before Ochefu built the gap up to eight, an advantage the Legends were unable to overcome.
Rathan-Mayes led the Legends' scoring and assists with 21 and 5 while grabbing 6 rebounds. Macon added 19 points, 4 rebounds, and 4 assists, and Billy Preston tallied 18 points, 4 rebounds. Quincy Acy shot 50% in his first Legends game of the season to finish with 15 points, 4 rebounds, and 2 steals. Keith Hornsby added 12 points, 2 rebounds, and Blue rounded out the double-digit scorers with 13 points, 5 rebounds, 3 assists, and 3 steals off the bench.
Ochefu finished with 32 points, 10 rebounds, and 4 assists while Caleb Swanigan added 16 points and a game-high 15 rebounds. Matt Jones and Cody Demps tallied 18 and 17 respectively while Taren Sullivan finished with 11 points, 6 rebounds, and 5 assists.
Texas will travel to Ontario next to take on the Agua Caliente Clippers (20-19) Thursday at 9pm CT. Fans can catch all the action live on ESPN+.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 27, 2019
- Bulls Hand Skyforce its Fourth Straight Loss - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Long Island Wins Fourth Straight Behind Season-High 19 3-Pointers - Long Island Nets
- Windy City Ties Franchise-Record with 11th Road Win - Windy City Bulls
- Blue Coats Fall to Nets on Road - Delaware Blue Coats
- Balanced Magic Attack Beats Go-Go - Capital City Go-Go
- Swarm Tip Moved to 11 a.m. on February 28 - Greensboro Swarm
- Knicks Close out the Month at Greensboro Thursday - Westchester Knicks
- Wisconsin Herd to Host Career Fair and Panel Discussion on March 2 - Wisconsin Herd
- Blue Escapes with Victory Versus Herd - Oklahoma City Blue
- Austin Spurs to Host Military and First Responders Appreciation Game March 9 - Austin Spurs
- Timberwolves Assign Robert Covington to G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- Hornets Assign Devonte' Graham to Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
- Stockton Kings Beat Texas Legends to Win Fourth Straight Game - Stockton Kings
- Ochefu's 32-Point Performance Takes the Crown - Texas Legends
- Hustle Take Down Vipers, Bounce Back with Balanced Effort - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Hustle Take Down Vipers, Bounce Back with Balanced Effort - Memphis Hustle
- Clippers Complete Comeback Victory over Austin - Agua Caliente Clippers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Texas Legends Stories
- PRJKT VET Logo to Go on Legends' Court
- Legends Build "ConNEXTions" Youth Mentorship Program
- Texas Pro Sports Teams and Civic Organizations Unite with #TexasTeamUp Campaign to Encourage Voter Turnout in the Lone Star State
- Legends' Home Comerica Center to Serve as Polling Site for 2020 General Election
- Legends Host Voter Registration Event Sep. 22nd