Long Island Nets Acquire Kevin Olekaibe
LONG ISLAND - The Long Island Nets, the NBA G League affiliate of the Brooklyn Nets, have acquired guard Kevin Olekaibe from the available player pool.
Olekaibe (6'2", 180) was previously acquired by Long Island on Dec. 30 due to a roster hardship exception granted by the NBA G League. He appeared in one LI Nets game on Jan. 2 vs. Erie before being waived on Jan. 4.
Prior to joining Long Island, Olekaibe appeared in 96 career NBA G League games over four seasons (2014-18) with the Canton Charge, averaging 6.8 points and 2.2 rebounds in 17.6 minutes per game. During the 2017-18 season, he recorded career-high averages of 9.2 points, 3.6 rebounds, 1.2 assists and 1.3 steals in 23.1 minutes per contest. The 26-year-old played three collegiate seasons (2010-13) for Fresno State and spent his senior season (2013-14) at UNLV.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 26, 2019
- Hartenstein, Trent Jr. Have Career-High Night - Texas Legends
- Sioux Falls Uses Strong Third Quarter to Overtake Knicks - Westchester Knicks
- Hartenstein's Career-High 42 Points Earns RGV Sixth Straight Win against Texas - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Late Suns Run Countered by Blue - Northern Arizona Suns
- Mad Ants Bounce Back with Win at Canton - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Mad Ants Drain Charge - Canton Charge
- Blue Coats Edged by Swarm in Second Half - Delaware Blue Coats
- Red Claws Come Back to Defeat Hustle - Memphis Hustle
- Red Claws Erase 26-Point Deficit to Win at Free Throw Line - Maine Red Claws
- Windy City Drops Second Consecutive Game, Lose 102-98 to Raptors 905 - Windy City Bulls
- Knicks Acquire Tyrius Walker - Westchester Knicks
- Knicks Have Streaking Western Conference Foe Today - Westchester Knicks
- Long Island Nets Acquire Kevin Olekaibe - Long Island Nets
- Hartenstein's 32 Points Earned Vipers Win over Austin - Austin Spurs
- Stars Defeat Nets - Salt Lake City Stars
- Legends' Hot Second Half Proves Too Much for Suns - Texas Legends
- Stockton Kings Take Down Warriors in Thrilling Home Win, 105-104 - Stockton Kings
- Isaac Bonga Leads the Pack in South Bay's Win over Iowa - South Bay Lakers
- Santa Cruz Falls to Stockton 105-104 Despite Career Nights from Evans III and Nunn - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Short-Handed Wolves Fall to Lakers on the Road - Iowa Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Long Island Nets Stories
- Long Island Nets Acquire Returning Player Rights to Will Davis II in Trade with Capital City
- Long Island Nets Acquire Josh Newkirk
- Theo Pinson and Alan Williams Selected to Midseason All-NBA G League East Team
- Mitch Creek Rejoins Long Island Nets
- Suspended Game Between Long Island Nets and Erie BayHawks Rescheduled for March 13