Blue Coats Edged by Swarm in Second Half
WILMINGTON - The Delaware Blue Coats (10-17), the NBA G League affiliate of the Philadelphia 76ers, fell to the Greensboro Swarm (14-16), 111-105, on Saturday night at 76ers Fieldhouse. The contest marked the tail end of a back-to-back for both clubs.
Rashad Vaughn paced the Blue Coats with a team-high 23 points (7-14 fg, 2-5 3fg, 7-7 ft) in 33 minutes. D.J. Hogg also saw 33 minutes of action and posted 18 points (7-13 fg, 4-10 3fg, 0-1 ft) to go along with his seven rebounds. Jared Brownridge added 15 points (4-11 fg, 4-9 3fg, 3-3 ft) and four assists in 35 minutes.
The home team got off to a slow start and fell behind 12-2 in the game's first three minutes. Tied at 55 at halftime, the Blue Coats took a 12-point lead into the fourth quarter, but were outscored 29-11 in the final period.
"I thought we started off slow," said head coach Connor Johnson. "We're in a bad habit of that. We need to break that. But in terms of what the difference was, we couldn't score in the fourth quarter and we need to fix that."
Charlotte Hornets two-way contract player J.P. Macura posted a game-high 30 points (13-21 fg, 3-7 3fg, 1-4 ft) in addition to six rebounds and six steals in 41 minutes for the Swarm. Jaylen Barford added 22 points (8-16 fg, 3-6 3fg, 3-3 ft), while Joe Chealey contributed 20 points (7-16 fg, 1-3 3fg, 5-7 ft). Both players totaled six rebounds each in 30 minutes as starters.
The Blue Coats return to 76ers Fieldhouse for another home back-to-back, beginning with a Tuesday night matchup against the Grand Rapids Drive at 7 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 26, 2019
- Hartenstein, Trent Jr. Have Career-High Night - Texas Legends
- Sioux Falls Uses Strong Third Quarter to Overtake Knicks - Westchester Knicks
- Hartenstein's Career-High 42 Points Earns RGV Sixth Straight Win against Texas - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Late Suns Run Countered by Blue - Northern Arizona Suns
- Mad Ants Bounce Back with Win at Canton - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Mad Ants Drain Charge - Canton Charge
- Blue Coats Edged by Swarm in Second Half - Delaware Blue Coats
- Red Claws Come Back to Defeat Hustle - Memphis Hustle
- Red Claws Erase 26-Point Deficit to Win at Free Throw Line - Maine Red Claws
- Windy City Drops Second Consecutive Game, Lose 102-98 to Raptors 905 - Windy City Bulls
- Knicks Acquire Tyrius Walker - Westchester Knicks
- Knicks Have Streaking Western Conference Foe Today - Westchester Knicks
- Long Island Nets Acquire Kevin Olekaibe - Long Island Nets
- Hartenstein's 32 Points Earned Vipers Win over Austin - Austin Spurs
- Stars Defeat Nets - Salt Lake City Stars
- Legends' Hot Second Half Proves Too Much for Suns - Texas Legends
- Stockton Kings Take Down Warriors in Thrilling Home Win, 105-104 - Stockton Kings
- Isaac Bonga Leads the Pack in South Bay's Win over Iowa - South Bay Lakers
- Santa Cruz Falls to Stockton 105-104 Despite Career Nights from Evans III and Nunn - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Short-Handed Wolves Fall to Lakers on the Road - Iowa Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Delaware Blue Coats Stories
- Delaware Blue Coats Acquire Returning Player Rights to Doral Moore from Memphis Hustle
- Delaware Blue Coats Announce 2019-20 Promotional Schedule
- Matt Lilly Promoted to Blue Coats General Manager
- Delaware Blue Coats Acquire Returning Player Rights to Xavier Munford from Wisconsin Herd
- Delaware Blue Coats Acquire Returning Player Rights to Julian Washburn from Austin Spurs